Wine Rack Plans- EZ To Make,Low Price.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but it looks promising.. Sounds like the key is finding out what was used to suppert the bottle necks. Thats the only thing that has kept me from building my own racks. I just dont feel like cutting all those shapes. Some kind of trim I think. I might pay money just to know what was used..lol

The "rippled area" is available at your local Home Depot or Lowes. All it is is the stuff used to support corrugated roofing.

Good call rocket man.. I just searched all the molding at home depot online..lol..I would have never guessed that stuff..The checks in the mail:mny

Very cool..They have them in wood or plastic! Only $3.17 for five 24" pieces "wood"..Very affordable.
And only $5.25 for five 24" plastic ones in tan or white..
The wheels are turning...I think I have a gift card to Home Depot somewhere..Sweet!

Sweet guess a Home Depot Trip is in order for the weekend, Hum i wonder if lowe's have them too?

All they had at my local, like ½ mile away, Home Depot® was the plastic equivalent.
They had 36' rubber "gasket".

36" wooden closures seem non-existent in-store or online.

There are the, only available online, 24" wooden closures (sold in packs of 5).

Hmmm, where's the closest Lowe's®?

Last edited:
Looking at the wooden closures I am wondering if they are wide enough that you could rip them on a table saw and get twice the product.

Depends on how thin it is at it's narrowest point. I've seen them at the store but never looked closely at them. It might be a little weak. You could always run a board under it for support if you had to.

In the picture, it looks as though there is a board running under each closure, for support.

In the picture, it looks as though there is a board running under each closure, for support.

I couldn't make it out from the picture, I thought it was just the corrugated piece. With a support under it though you could possibly cut the wavey piece into thirds to make it go even further.

I agree. It just looks like the corrugated strip which I wouldn't trust to hold much without some additional support. IMO

Zooming in on the tiny picture, there definitely appears to be a line of separation between what would be the closure and a support piece.

picture.php

Back