Wine Making Supplies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocsurf

Junior
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, longtime admirer of the forum here. I just order my first wine kit (chardonnay) to start making wine. I'm trying to decide if I should buy a wine-making kit for $140.00+ or buy the supplies separately and save $$...What is a list of supplies I would need?

Thanks for nay help!

If you ask online they have a Equipment Kit with all the equipment to make wine. Look into Fine Vine Wine. The URL is:
http://www.finevinewines.com/
Call them and ask for George (owner) hi will only sell you what you need and no extras like other places.

Tom is absolutely right. I would suggest you ask George when you call them to switch out the hand corker for a floor corker. This is one of the first things wine makers upgrade so why not save yourself some money and upgrade right now. You will not regret it! Also you might want to consider a auto siphon. Good luck on your venture and please keep us posted as to what you're doing and we'll be happy to make suggestions if you ask.

I totally agree! Floor corker is the way to go. WE know, once you get started it becomes an addiction. Just look whats fermenting in my signature.

Buying it all together as a package will save you lots of money but some of those packages will be lots of stuff you dont really want or need or would be much better substiututing it for another tool. Finevinewines as stated above is a great place to get equipped and if you are a new buyer there youll also get 10% off you first purchase. Call George and tell him we sent you and he will be happy to custom make a equipment kit for you and he also has the best selection of kits just about anywhere on the net.

Tom is absolutely right. I would suggest you ask George when you call them to switch out the hand corker for a floor corker. This is one of the first things wine makers upgrade so why not save yourself some money and upgrade right now. You will not regret it! Also you might want to consider a auto siphon. Good luck on your venture and please keep us posted as to what you're doing and we'll be happy to make suggestions if you ask.

I agree and disagree. I started making wine four months ago. I wasn't sure if it was going to be something I was wanted to do long term. Well it is. Could have saved a few bucks now and started with a $115 Italian floor corker. (Just ordered one) Sometimes it's just better to start with the $100 kit to make sure you like it and want to keep doing. I've dumped about $600 into mine so far but most of the stuff I wont buy again. Like the floor corker, aspirator, carboys etc...

Hope that helps.

I totally agree! Floor corker is the way to go. WE know, once you get started it becomes an addiction. Just look whats fermenting in my signature.

Hey Tom, do you go through that much wine or is your cellar just going to grow?

Lets put it this way.
I make the MAX allowed by law 200 gallons = 1,000 bottles a year. Yes we drink :d at least 2 bottles a day

Latest posts

Back