wine making cart??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I had considered that and will explore the possibility of putting carboys inside. That is not a necessity though.Will probably order this one in the next week or so.

cindyjo said:
Thanks for the advice to both applemanand ASAI.
Appleman, I will look into that material
ASAI- youare right about the room for storage but I really wanted more drawers and enclosed storage as I am leaving this in my kitchen

That's kind of the same conclusion I came too also. Then My daughter came up with a equivalent one in her closet she wanted to find a good home for.
Also will mention, the model you chose is also available at wal mart in varied additional styles and colors. The sale price at EKitchens as well as free shipping would be the deal maker for me.

Thanks for ithe info, I will check out walmart

I just checked and the walmart is much more expensive and I always question the quality there. I posted a question at the ekitchen website regarding any weight restrictions and they are suppose to email me back.
I love technology

cindyjo said:
I just checked and the walmart is much more expensive and I always question the quality there. I posted a question at the ekitchen website regarding any weight restrictions and they are suppose to email me back.
I love technology

SO, as I understand, You Question the low cost quality at Wal Mart; but, they are higher in price on this item. Makes me wonder how some one can give a higher quality experience than Wal Mart at a lower price. I thinkit is the same Home Expressions model at both. I did a look on themanufacturer web site several months ago when I was looking, but, did not find any additional info. They do not like to give any commitment on weight capacity, probably, one of them lawyer issues.
The model I got from my daughter is smaller, so I used it as a personal device for about a day, siting on top and scooting around the kitchen to make sure it didn't tip over or break from the weight.

Cindyjo, I agree the cart you are looking at looks awesome. My only question is why are you so quick to cover the top. It is beautiful the way it is. If you should happen to stain it some, does it really matter? Why not wait before putting a permenant cover on it until you really need to?

I agree it is a beautiful top and was concerned about keeping it that way, I wanted something to protect it from the stains and potential damage from slipped carboys. We were thinking about something maybe removable for those times in the summer and holidays when I do not make wine. I was really just looking for sugestions

If you are not too worried about looks but more about practicality, how about a large rubber boot mat. It has edges that would contain spills and the rubber would prevent the carboys from slipping around. If you didn't want to go with the boot mat you could get a rubber floor mat that you could cut and lay on top of it.

That is not a bad idea runningwolf. I am more worried about looks when I am not making wine than when I am.

Here is what I use - and i actually have a few of these - Stainless Tables

I use them outside for my BBQ, in the office for a table for printers, etc - and wine. they look cool in kitchens too.

Now the 6 and 7 footers are listed as 1200 bucks - but I get them used at the Restaurant Supply store for $150-175 each. they are in great shape and you can not beat the price --- and quality.

Hope this tip helps.

With the decor of my house I would rather have the cart but thanks for advice. I also wanted drawers and cabinets

Latest posts

Back