• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wine Label Scraper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bottlelabel

Junior
Reaction score
Check this out, makes homemade wine making a lot quicker when it comes to cleaning used bottles.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is nothing more than a linoleum knife that can be bought for $4.99 at Harbor Freight.

This is your first post and you're trying to sell a bogus item in my book.If you wish to become a sponsor and sell your products contact Wade and pay the price our other vendors pay.

to be technical it is really called a hook knive, used for drywall, roofing and flooring..
lol, still its cheap....

If you're really having trouble removing labels and/or the glue residue from stubborn peel-n-stick or commercial labels I have had great luck with these two things:

Goo Gone - available at your local hardware store - it's a citrus oil-based label remover and it works, especially if you combine it with an abrasive pad
WD40 - this is virtually magic -- a little spritz, let it sit for a minute and you can push off the old glue/label/whatever with your finger!

When I use either of these I am careful not to get any inside, and for good measure I put (just) a bunch of my cleaned bottles upside-down onto the spacer tines in my dishwasher and run two rinse-only cycles...

Haha, I read James' post and knew exactly what it looked like! Hmmm... maybe not too bad an idea to try, tho. I have half a dozen around the place... :h

Back