WineXpert wine kits on sale!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to squeeze an order in for the fourtatude. Any body with experience with this kit? I plan on going by the book on this one. What yeast comes with it, did you trade yeast and if you did why? Would you change anything in the process? Thanks

The Fortitude is an LE that won't be released until the spring, I thought. It looks great - big kit, grape pack, lots of oak and a juice blended like a powerful Bordeaux (from Australia). I'm looking at this one, too, and will be interested in your thoughts about the kit when you get it

Only you know your tastes. But if it were me, I might consider skipping the Sorbate and adding a little more oak in the finish. Otherwise, I'd do it by the numbers.

jgmann67 their in! Woohoo I added the sorbate to the eclipse merlot and been asking myself WHY I did this, it does go against my grain. More oak OK thanks

jgmann67 their in! Woohoo I added the sorbate to the eclipse merlot and been asking myself WHY I did this, it does go against my grain. More oak OK thanks

I've been following the rule of thumb - ferment to dry means no sorbate.

As far as the oak - Only if oak is your thing. As you know, the Eclipse Merlot came with a monstrous amount of oak, so I went with what they included. Others, like my RJS Aussie Cab, I added some medium toast French chips for the first 3 months of aging.

I hope you start a thread on the fortitude. I'm very interested in doing a Bordeaux blend, but have been leaning towards fresh grapes. If this one is a homerun, I may have to get one (along with another Eclipse to be named later).

They're heeee-eeeeeere.

Both kits are 18 liters of juice, both with grape packs (the Amarone with 1.6L, the cab with 2L), lots of oak in both kits. Especially impressed with the Cab - 60 grams of oak dust/chips in French medium, and another 90 grams of Hungarian cubes. Crazy. Two bags of dextrose in the Amarone.

Thinking about swapping out the yeast in the Cab kit. Comes with Old Faithful. Didn't tear into the packet in the Amarone to see what comes with that.

Last edited:
Fast shipment:

Item # Description Qty
Free blk-T Free Black Label Peeler T-Shirt 1
3106 Eclipse Lodi Old Vines Zinfandel Kit 1
3110 Eclipse German Mosel Valley Gewurztraminer Wine Kit 1
3231 Selection Luna Bianca 16L Wine Kit 1

Date/Time
Activity Location
1/26/2016 - Tuesday
12:22 pm Delivered Lancaster, NY
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
7:42 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery BUFFALO, NY
7:03 am At local FedEx facility BUFFALO, NY
3:06 am Left FedEx origin facility RICHFIELD, OH
1/25/2016 - Monday
7:42 pm Arrived at FedEx location RICHFIELD, OH
5:59 pm Picked up RICHFIELD, OH

jgmann67 I will indeed have a thread dedicated to the fortitude but unfortunately won't be able to start it till later next month that is if I don't get to anxious lol got so many wines going now, most bulk aging and a couple just put in secondary. I'm hoping label peelers has a sale on glass carboys next:h

I couldn't control myself. I bought 4 kits as soon as I heard about the sale.

(1) WE California Pink Moscato;
(2) IM Peach Apricot Chardonnay;
(3) IM Strawberry Watermelon White Shiraz; and
(4) WE Selection Riesling Icewine Style.

My wife will be very happy with me. :dg

Yeah, I couldn't control myself either. I just had to take advantage of these prices. I have a great local homebrew shop a couple miles from my house that I very much support, but saving a few bucks is always a good thing...

I ordered all Winexpert kits:

Vinter's Reserve Pinot Grigio
Vinter's Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
Selection Nebbiolo
Selection Pinot Noir
Selection Sangiovese

Now I have some work to do to keep me busy in these dark winter months. Since I already have 3 kits in flight, I think I may need to invest in some more carboys.

I told my daughter, who I recently got started in this entertaining hobby, about the sale and she ordered a Selection Cabernet Sauvignon and a Selection International Argentine Malbec w/Skins.

We're going to have a lot of wine to drink. :)

Oh man!Varis tells us about the wine being on sale and mentions NOTHING about adding a free Tee Shirt to our orders! :( You think you know a guy :? and then this happens! :ft .........................................
smilie.gif

Oh man!Varis tells us about the wine being on sale and mentions NOTHING about adding a free Tee Shirt to our orders! :( You think you know a guy :? and then this happens! :ft .........................................
smilie.gif

Oh Bill.....I forgot..!!!!!:h

But they have it on their page everywhere.....:pee

smilie.gif

Ya gotta pay attention, Bill! LP has been doing the free t-shirt thing for a while now. I have quite a collection! :h

Ya gotta pay attention, Bill! LP has been doing the free t-shirt thing for a while now. I have quite a collection! :h

:e Having nearly sliced my thumb off [some hyperbola to add drama to this post] the day before ordering you'd think you guys would cut me some slack. I'll remember next order and should I see another sale post about LP I'll certainly remind my friends on WMT about the free Tee shirts.
smilie.gif

[BTW, stitches were removed this morning. Thankfully no sign of infection. Just need to be careful and watchful the next few weeks.]

:e Having nearly sliced my thumb off [some hyperbola to add drama to this post]

A hyperbola is a conic section.
A conic section is what you get when you slice a cone at an angle.
I wonder what you get when you slice a thumb at an angle? :)

Glad to hear your thumb is healing, Bill!

A hyperbola is a conic section.
A conic section is what you get when you slice a cone at an angle.
I wonder what you get when you slice a thumb at an angle? :)

Glad to hear your thumb is healing, Bill!

LOL Good catch! Make that... Hyperbole

Won't be starting fortitude till this spring. But you guys knew that! Just part of the order I had placed was in duh thought I would clear that up:ib

Latest posts

Back