Wine juice source

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkrug

Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for white wine juice or concentrate? I typically use homewinery but I struggle with their whites for some reason. Been looking online but having issues finding a chardonnay. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi jkrug

I use homewinery all the time, and I love the white wines. I not only use them straight but often buy a juice bucket of the same kind and combine them only using 4 gallons of fruitjuice not 5 of water to prevent getting really watery wine from juice buckets that just seem to be lacking (like the Chilean buckets seem to have been the last few years). What have been your issues?

Pam in cinti

Flavor has been no good. Tried adding additional juice, didnt do any good. Tried adding sugar and the taste still seemed to be like cotton.

I would also like another source to compare. Any other sources would be appreciated.

I really like winegrapesdirect. For whites you can pick either chardonnay or a chenin blanc. I have also heard good things about Walker Fruit Farms, they ship pails. I am planning to order from there soon.

Both M&M and Walkers ship. M&M ships 6 gallons of frozen juice, Walkers ships 5 gallons of non-frozen juice.

Winegrapesdirect ships also. I forget the price but I think it was in the ballpark of 20-30 per pail. This comes fully insulated with chemicals and yeast.

I have ordered twice and plan more soon

Back