Wine & Health

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"As a guide to equivalence two glasses (250ml) of red wine should have as much as 10 cups of green tea, six cups of cocoa, four glasses of cranberry juice or one glass of pomegranate juice. "

that's great to know did you have a source for this that i can share with others?

"As a guide to equivalence two glasses (250ml) of red wine should have as much as 10 cups of green tea, six cups of cocoa, four glasses of cranberry juice or one glass of pomegranate juice. "

that's great to know did you have a source for this that i can share with others?

The source - Dr Neil O Johnson's article (ezinearticles.com/?Why-Red-Wine-Is-Good-for-the-Heart&id=4995764)

How about this :

A Dutch professor in food-science did research on all kinds of myths about food and health.

Now the thesis was that people that drink one to two glasses of wine a day were healthier as people who did not and drank beer for example.
So he investigated it.

Well the outcome was astonishing.
What did he do.

He went to several groceries and checked what people had in their cart when leaving the shop.
The fact was that people who bought wine generally bought more healthier goods as people who bought beer. We are talking food-snacks here.
People who buy beer are more generally also buying chips etc.
People who buy wine snack differently. Like cheese, olives etc etc.
That in part explains why people who drink wine may be healthier as people who drink beer.

So according to this professor it has less to do with the wine itself and more with general lifestyle.

Luc

How about this :

A Dutch professor in food-science did research on all kinds of myths about food and health.

Now the thesis was that people that drink one to two glasses of wine a day were healthier as people who did not and drank beer for example.
So he investigated it.

Well the outcome was astonishing.
What did he do.

He went to several groceries and checked what people had in their cart when leaving the shop.
The fact was that people who bought wine generally bought more healthier goods as people who bought beer. We are talking food-snacks here.
People who buy beer are more generally also buying chips etc.
People who buy wine snack differently. Like cheese, olives etc etc.
That in part explains why people who drink wine may be healthier as people who drink beer.

So according to this professor it has less to do with the wine itself and more with general lifestyle.

Luc
I've read the same thing about vitamins.

Hmmm IP is coming up from Pakistan.....

A wine terrorist? oh no! j/k lol.

Wine is good for you. The acidity may not be good for your teeth, but it won't hurt them in small amounts (IDK, 4-8 glasses weekly at 2 or less per occasion?). It is not only the antioxidants, but alcohol in general will thin the blood, which lowers blood pressure. That is good on occasion as it makes the heart work less for a period. The heart can use a break occasionally. :)

wow I will follow your topics :0

I wish that was true but you have just been voted off the island!

spam.gif

Great information, thanks for posting. I noticed most of the information pertained to red wines, is there any good information on white wines? Cheers!

Great information, thanks for posting. I noticed most of the information pertained to red wines, is there any good information on white wines? Cheers!

There are wines from white grapes with a health profit. Those wines are made by the ancient Georgian method in kvevri and have amber or orange color . The are full of antioxidants which bind the free radicals in our body and slow down the body’s ageing process. Kvevri wines might be the secret elixir for the eternal youth of the Georgian folk!
georgianorangewine.jpg

Back