WineXpert Wine Expert Australian Mataro-Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is Masta...Use it for hiking though..not stirring

2005-11-10_161057_Untitled-1.jpg

Racked my Mataro-Shiraz yesterday morning. Did not have another 6 gallon carboy so I racked to a 5 and 1 gallon.

2005-11-20_025030_racking_matero_shiraz_111905.jpg

There just has to be a market or use for this stuff
smiley36.gif

2005-11-20_025100_sediment_from_matero_shiraz.jpg

She is ready to finish clearing now. Should be bottling it in another 10-12 days. It has already passed the light test and the taste was awesome. Heavy smoked flavor with a hint of chocolate, blackberry, rasberry and some otherpleasing but not yetdiscernableflavors.

2005-11-20_025131_matero_shiraz_racked__111905.JPG

Waldo, When the weather is good we pour the lees and dredgesinto our composter our right onto the garden bed! For some reason the raspberry plants were leaning this summer...
smiley29.gif

Looksgreat Waldo and I do the same as PWP and put the lees in the composter along with steeping grains and trub whenI brew beer!

My compost is happy happy!
smiley36.gif

Thanks All. Will have to give that a go then. Just got through designing my newlabel for the Mataro-Shiraz. I thinks it conveys the bigness and boldness of this wine much better than the first label I designed earlier.

2005-11-20_142028_matero_shiraz_label2.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Forget about a winery and just start up a label shop. You are getting good atlabels waldo, I mean good!

Angell Wine said:
Forget about a winery and just start up a label shop. You are getting good atlabels waldo, I mean good!

Thanks Angell.. I appreciate that. Ever need any help on a design just give me a holler

Bottled my Mataro/Shiraz yesterday and 7 bottles are already gone. It is that good !! Nooooo..I did not drink them all..They went to my son and daughter who both tried it as I was bottling it and wanted some to take home.

2005-12-04_154312_mataroshiraz_bottled.jpg

My wine rack is begining to look like a wine rack

2005-12-04_154506_wines_in_rack.jpg

Very nice Waldo
smiley32.gif
, and your're right - your wine rack is filling rapidly.
Is there another one on deck?

Bill

Thanks All..My other wine storage right now is bottles that I have filled stored in carboard wine cases under the buffet in the diningroom. Perhaps a wine cellar proper by next year.

Geocorn is correct. and patience is still a virtue with wine making. hey it doesnt have to get in the bottle in 28 days or 32 as long as every thing is topped up in the carboys. Those are great labels. I use cheesey labels but i do use caps or seal with colored waxes. with the waxes i can put them in case boxes and put them in a closet. Wax seal no air they can stand up. I use letter sealing wax with glue gun. Also have a brass seal with initial they look good in the wine racks when i choose not to box them due to wine rack space. This hobby is addicting. truly can stand to see glass carbouy empty. Nice to find others like us making wine at home.

Learning to wait is probably one of the hardest things in life to learn. It's
taken me far too long
smiley1.gif

Isn't it odd (he says waxing philosophical) that we derive so much pleasure
in learning the difficult things?

Life is a wonderful teacher Peter. It's us, thestudents, who cannot appreciate her wisdom as we ought

Wonderful wines, and winerack, Waldo!

I am sure that it will never be empty again!

smiley32.gif

Very impressive labels! Looks like a nice selection in that rack as well. Good job!

Latest posts

Back