WineXpert Wine Expert austr, Chardonay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danroh

Junior
Reaction score
I started this kit a couple of weeks ago and was on step 3, stabilizing and sulfiding. Sinse I never seem to have my glasses when i need them my wife read the directions. My SG was prefect .990 (part of step 3). She then somehow skipped back to step 2 and had me rack into a clean carboy. This morning glasses in place I read step three that said DONT RACK If you do the wine will not clear!!!!! Add sulfide and sorbate and degas for two minutes. Then add clarifier and degas again for 2 minutes. I still have to add the 3 chemicals but my lea's are all flushed down the drain Does anyone have any sugestions

You can try to use the clarifier but it may not work correctly with out the sediment. You can either wait as time will clear wine or add K.C. SuperKleer available at most home brew supply stores. This stuff is awesome and does not require having the sediment in there. Time will clear though and that doesnt cost anything. Some people do not add any clarifier and just wait it out!

Latest posts

Back