Wine Cooler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just returned from visiting my daughter in Houston, While I was there I just happened to check Craigslist and picked up a Vino Temp wine cooler for $400.
Unit is about 10 years old and is excellent shape, Solid oak with with oak framed glass doors and holds 320 bottles of wine.
Since cellars are rare in South Louisiana and I don't have a good constant temperature spot for aging, I plan on using it for ageing.
What is the best temperature to maintain for this process

Sounds like a good deal Sub. Ideal temp would be 55°, or between 40°-65°. The key is to be as stable as you possibly can be.

Sounds great. What part of South Louisiana you from? I am in Gonzales.

Smurf I live in Houma and seem to be the only winemaker in this area although I am getting my son-in law interested. He is starting his first kit this weekend.

Hopefully this will reduce the raids on my wine rack.

wow, that's cheap!! Wish I could come across a deal like that. If anyone ever hears of another cooler for sale in the Wilmington North Carolina area... Please let me know!!! Yea, there's no cellars in my area either.
TinaLouise

Old SubMariner,

I'm out of New Orleans myself. Good to meet another wino in my home state.

Back