Wine colour

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zonta223

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Was just given some chardonnay grapes and decide to make a dessert wine out of them.
Crushed the grapes, pressed them, added the ethonal to make to 11% alcohol to stop them fermenting.
Addes sulfer.
Put in storage tank.

I now have a wine that has glorious honey ,citric,and melon flavours. beautiful tasting.
However it looks like something that you would find in a dirty ditch. Caramel brown, Dark honey colour.
The wine is not oxidised or off in any way.
Any suggestions as how to improve its looks. Carbon filtration???? already filtered it through 0.5um filter.
any one come across this before?
any suggestions

regards
Anton

If this has not cleared yet then either time or a fining agent like SperKleer KC.

smiley36.gif
Yep, what he said!

Hi Wade
Thanks for the answer.
was eager to try this stuff only problem finding supplier.
Search results and phone calls all negative.

May have to resort to egg whites etc.

regards

Hi
Thanks for link but think it is for the wrong country on the wrong continent or am I suffering from vintage tiredness.

regards

Do you have any brew supply companies like for beer or wine anywhere there? Sparkaloid Isinglass, Chitosan, and KwikKleer are others and maybe 1 of those is somewhere there.Bentonite is also a fining agent.

Oh yes - I see now you are in Australia - welcome! That's what I get for posting so late at night when I am half asleep!

What kind of storage tank did you use. There should be very little colar from pre-fermentation presed Chard!

Hi
Used a small 300 ltr poly tank. Did not have enough to need bigger tank.

regards

Latest posts

Back