Wine cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Here's the start of Petey's cellar. I got the wine rack from a thread posted awhile back. I used lots of stuff I had laying around so the whole bench and racks were less than $100, but the ladder racks are time consuming and you sure make lots of sawdust lol

image-2702931000.jpg

image-3111547275.jpg

image-2206638311.jpg

Looks pretty good!!!!! I see you have a pepsi keg under your counter, are you planning on kegging a wine?

Julie said:
Looks pretty good!!!!! I see you have a pepsi keg under your counter, are you planning on kegging a wine?

Thinking of a hard apple cider.. The ladies in the house would enjoy it I think. But I do have a stout beer ready also. So nice to have options

petey said:
Thinking of a hard apple cider.. The ladies in the house would enjoy it I think. But I do have a stout beer ready also. So nice to have options

Wow! With my new digs in Petey's cellar, it sure was work racking my first 2 carboys. everything is down there except the kitchen sink LOL. That's the next project
I may need some carpet or something, it's tough scooching around the carboys on my bench top. Any ideas?

Petey, very nice start on your wine cellar. If I may make a comment though, you're going to need a whole lot more carboys ! LOL, Bakervinyard

Wow! With my new digs in Petey's cellar, it sure was work racking my first 2 carboys. everything is down there except the kitchen sink LOL. That's the next project
I may need some carpet or something, it's tough scooching around the carboys on my bench top. Any ideas?

Nice space. A sink is a must.

Put a folded up old t-shirt under your carboys and they will slide easier. Just hold the edges of the shirt up against the carboy and away you go. I would have suggested putting on a laminate top but it would be a crime to cover up your nice wood counter

cheers

Always in the search for more carboys,I've actually have too many empty ones right now

The t shirt idea is right up my ally as I use them to cover my filled carboys also. Thanks

Back