wine cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
I like to show off my carboys in the wine cellar, but do not like all the equipment that goes with it, so with the help of Wades pump I am going to build a bench and sink in the other side of the basement about 30 feet from the cellar. I will be able to bottle, transfer and degass there, all the mess will be far away from the cellar. Today I mounted a brass shut off valve in the cellar ran tubing thru the wall up thru the ceiling and down the wall on the other end. When I want to transfer or degass I will fit a hose on the shut off valve and run it to the different carboys, when I want to bottle I will pull the wine from a carboy in the cellar over to the bottle filler in the work station. I will post pics as I go along

Sounds like a great idea. I was thinking of some kind of thick plexiglas as a counter top. Easy to clean and a light under it would make those carboys glow.

Sounds like a great idea. I was thinking of some kind of thick plexiglas as a counter top. Easy to clean and a light under it would make those carboys glow.

How cool would that be! A black counter top with 10" diameter cut outs and plexiglass put in place of it. Then a nice light shining up through the carboy. Turn off the rest of the lights and you could check your clarity. Dim the lights in the room and that would be a really atmosphere and pretty. Wait a minute, aren't we suppose to be directing light away from the carboys? Oh well for short term it would be cool!

Back