Will these work for wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I visited my Brother in Hot Springs this weekend and he gave me these bottles that he had picked up for me at a yard sale. Will they work for wine?

2005-10-17_014211_bottles.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

They sure will but I would replace the rubber gaskets since you don't know how old they are.

You are a lucky man Waldo! I might start drinking Grolsch just to get the bottles. Damn good beer. Masta, what other brands come in flippy bottles? I love to watch the fog roll out when I flip a coldone open!

smiley20.gif

Not sure what other beers come in these types of bottles and never have tried Grolsch beer. I did have a few Coronas over the weekend on a rare night out with the bride and they went down smooth!

I am truly a fortunate Man Hippie and somewhat lucky too. I am going to post some pictures here of my Brothers place on Lake hamilton in Hot Springs. He does gourmet cooking and just remodeled the basement and built himself a new kitchen in it as his demand for his goodies has far outgrown the capacity he had in his regular kitchen. It would be a place to die for for making and storing our fine wines.

Here is my brother (Herb)standing at the door of his just finished kitchen

2005-10-17_150715_herbs6.jpg

Her is a shot of the interior

2005-10-17_150741_herbs_1.jpg

And another one

2005-10-17_150810_herbs2.jpg

This is the commercial stove he bought for his cooking. HUGE !!!

2005-10-17_150842_herbs4.jpg

Wish I had taken one out the door towards the lake which is about 30-40 yards form the door he is standing in.

Cant see it in the pictures I took masta but he has a side by side refrigrator/freezer and a triple stainless steel sink along the west wall , opposite the stove Edited by: Waldo

Simply wonderful. I am speechless....
smiley1.gif

There are so many beautiful places in the world!

Very nice. It don't look like it would be any cooler for storing wines than the cool side of a house, especially with all the cooking going on in there.

It is a really beautiful and serene setting he has. I always enjoy visiting because he always has something new for me to try. One of his best sellers and my favorite is his Habanero jelly, spread over cream cheese

2005-10-20_144616_habanero.jpg

His Spicey Pecans

2005-10-20_144645_pecans.jpg

And his to die for " Herb's Cookie" These are unbelievable

2005-10-20_144710_cookies.jpg

I took him a bottle of my Muscadine and Shiraz to see how it liked it so hope to hear back from him soon on those.

Yummy.....looks good! Seems you like hot and spicy food!

You will have to try some of Valley Brew's Thai Dragon Hot Sauce after it ages a bit. I plan to make it next weekend since most of my peppers will have ripened by then.

Latest posts

Back