WILD CHERRY JUICE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Was in the grocery store the other day with my hubby, we were checking out the juice section...he found some WILD CHERRY juice, not sure of the brand....he wants us to try a gallon of wine out of it....Usually he's not into suggestions like that...We have never made one gallon batches of wine.

Anyone ever used it???I will read the label next trip in there and see about any additives...Edited by: Northern Winos

No but it sounds good. I bought a bottle of sweet dark cherry and
opened when I got home expecting to make wine with it but when I tried
it it was nasty. Poured it down the drain as nobody in the house liked
it.

wade said:
No but it sounds good. I bought a bottle of sweet dark cherry and opened when I got home expecting to make wine with it but when I tried it it was nasty. Poured it down the drain as nobody in the house liked it.

I wonder what type of flavor it would of fermented into though? Can you describe the "nasty" taste?

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

More like prune juice and I dont like prune juice! Man it sounded really good though.

Edited by: wade

I fear wade's taste sensories have been jaded by the Black Currant. No longer shall any other fruit be acceptable to his palate
smiley36.gif

NW: I have made Cherry wine out of (what was labeled) 100% real Black Cherry juice. It was in the healthy foods are ( A place I rarely go to
smiley36.gif
) Along with 4 cans of sweet cherries packed in water. I made 2 gallons and it fermented fine, cleared fine, but just seems flat tasting. This has come up in other threads and there has been no suggestions as to making it taste more exciting, so mine is still under glass. I may go down and experiment with it some more. So far, the best I could get it, was by adding WE grape concentrate, it gave it body and sweetness, but still aflat taste. What type of acid would one add at this point to give it balance? Maybe thats the problem.

wade said:
No but it sounds good. I bought a bottle of sweet dark cherry and opened when I got home expecting to make wine with it but when I tried it it was nasty. Poured it down the drain as nobody in the house liked it.

Thats almost a gurantee if it is bad as a juice...more than likely it wil taste like$%^& as wine............

Latest posts

Back