Who ordered what?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I ordered mine today and they should be in on Friday. I ordered 3 36 lb lugs of Chard from Lodi and 3 36 lb lugs of Petite Sirah from Suisun Valley. Its not much but I have too many things to ferment as it stands plus the fact that I just purchased the press and the crusher/destemmer and also need to buy and install the flooring in my basement in the next few weeks. I never received the list I always get from my place so decided to check out their site today only to find it was the last day to order grapes!!!!!!! I Flew down there!

I ordered a bunch of grapes about 5 years ago planted them and added to that order over the last few years. Now I'm stuck with having to process 5 tons or so of grapes in the coming few weeks. About 4 times that much next year. What did I do?
smiley5.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha!
smiley36.gif

Too funny, the gift that keeps on giving as they say!

What are you supposed to do, start hawking some fermented grape juice @ $20 or so a pop!

License to pedal fermented grape juice....... Check!
smiley20.gif

The grapes really do want to make wine. I crushed some white a few days ago, and then pressed them. I took the skins and seeds out and put them in a wheelbarrow to bring out to the compost heap. With the rush of evrything and not needing the barrow again yet, they stayed there for the last couple of days. They had broke down some more releasing some more juice, and tonight it has a nice frothy head on it! I may bottle it when it is finished and call it plastic barrow aged wine! Anybody want a sip?
smiley36.gif

appleman said:
I ordered a bunch of grapes about 5 years ago planted them and added to that order over the last few years. Now I'm stuck with having to process 5 tons or so of grapes in the coming few weeks. About 4 times that much next year. What did I do?
smiley5.gif

Im guessing that you could get a license, open up a small winery, and maybe sell it! I know I know, that would be foolish but some people do do it!
smiley2.gif

appleman said:
smiley5.gif

you can ship some lugs to me :)

Wade,
Let us know how that Petite Sirah turns out. That's a varietal I have really gotten to like lately. Maybe I'll make some from grapes next season.

Will do, my friend made some last year and it was the best wine I have ever tasted.

Latest posts

Back