Which program do you use to create your labels?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avery, It's quick and simple and you can add your own photos if you like. I've used 6 to a sheet and recently used 10 to a sheet (2x4 inch) for my plum wine. I always do things different.

When the bottles empty just a few mins. in the sink and they slide.

I just downloaded the Avery software. Thats the way to go! Haven't played with it much yet, but unless you want to spend hundreds of hours learning a program. The Avery way seems to be a great way to go for the average person who understands winemaking better than they do their computers!!!

I have gimp, paint.NET, and pixia. Although I would love to learn how to use any of them effectively, I just can't see spending hundreds of hours learning them just to make a wine label.

Don't get me wrong, if you are interested in image manipulation, the above programs are outrageous, I hope some day to learn how, but for now, I repeat myself, the Avery software is worth considering, not just for your labels but for other applications as well.

Troy

I use Linux as an operating system so I use the Gimp all the time.

I make almost all photo's needed for my labels myself or Google some. Then I 'gimp' (equivalent for photoshop) them when needed.

I print 4 labels on a sheet of plain paper, cut them and glue them with milk.

Luc

Dan what selection do you use for labels. I'm not in a very patient mood right now and you can save me some trouble.

I am looking through the label options and there are a couple hundred choices. To get 4 per sheet, which I assume you do, what is the product code you use? I really don't have a couple hours to spend looking through every label option to find the one you all use.

Help a brother out.

Thanks

Troy

Thanks man. the rest of the program is great, just as simple as working in MS Word or Publisher.

This is a great choice for the average label maker.

I am getting ready to take a line of spice mixes to market and have been playing aroun with it a bit on another size format.

The avery software is good, I have used it in linux under WINE. I may actually use it for the labels once my wife gets the picture she likes. I'll just import it in and print 6 to a page.

Thanks man. the rest of the program is great, just as simple as working in MS Word or Publisher.

This is a great choice for the average label maker.

I am getting ready to take a line of spice mixes to market and have been playing aroun with it a bit on another size format.

how about adding the pics of your spice mix labels and product, into the food section Troy?

Allie

I will indeed G, as soon as I get the one i feel is presentable. One of the ones I am making is a Creole/Caun Seasoning. Gonna call it Dynamite Dust. I have made it before and it is quite good, pretty spicy, but oh so good!

I'll sure keep you updated.

Back