Which one to choose from??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawk

Reaction score
Well this fall I am going to try making wine with grapes picked local u pick vineyard. I am a big fan of semi dry to semi sweet wines like Riesling and pinot grigio. They have several white grapes to choose from, but I can't decide. I want to make a 6 gallon batch. I figured I’ve made enough kit wines to get my feet wet and try fresh grapes. Any suggestions or recommendations? Here is a list of the grapes they have. Any help would be grateful.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Horizon grapes <O:p></O:p>
St. Pepin grapes<O:p></O:p>
Seyval grapes <O:p></O:p>
Vignoles grapes <O:p></O:p>
<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:STATE w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">Delaware</ST1:pLACE></ST1:STATE> grapes <O:p></O:p>
<ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">Geneva</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>#5 grapes<O:p></O:p>
Cayuga grapes <O:p></O:p>
<ST1:pLACE w:st="on">Niagara</ST1:pLACE> grapes <O:p></O:p>
Chardonnel wine grapes <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

Edited by: jhawk

Out of the ones you have listed, there are several I would choose. The St. Pepin,Vignoles, and Cayuga should do what you want. The Chardonel would make a good semi-dry Chardonay type. Personally, I think the St. Pepin would give the fruitiness and sweetness you seek. I will be picking mine hopefully this Friday or Saturday-weather permiting. Let us know what you choose!

Latest posts

Back