WineXpert Which "Crushendo" To Get

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
OK, George has the Crushendo's on special this month.
smiley32.gif
My dilemma is which one to try so I thought I would throw it out to you all on your past experiences with these styles.

Let me know which ones you have made and your impressions. Would love to hear your tasting interpretations and any info you might wish to share. I want to get one ordered so I can get it started. Lead me too the path of enjoyment.
smiley2.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Smurfe,

I am also thinking about a Crushendo kit too this month...Just hoping that someone remembers my birthday and needs an idea for a great gift. Time's runnin out though. Hoping I can drop some hints.

We will see!!!!

Ramona

the syrah i think is going to come out great, but have not tasted since i bottled 3 months ago, have the Corvino in right now, and it too looks good, as long as i don't screw it up (see Story in GREAT DAY post)... and George was told the d'Oc is supposed to be the best one yet.... for what its worth!!!

I have the crushendo syrah bulk aging and I think it will be the best red I've made. It shows lots of potential. I would highly recommend it. I can't speak for the corvina but I've heard good things about it. Actually I haven't heard any negatives (except price) on any of the crushendos. I'm planning on getting the newest one, MONTAGNAC VIEUX CHATEAU D’OCnext.

I just tasted my Corvina and it is going to be better than the Syrah! It is 6 months old and aging very well.

I realize the price of the Crushendo's is high compared to the other kits, but it still only costs a little more than $1.00 per bottle more than a 15 liter kit. My suggestion is to make the Selection Premiums and Internationals for your everyday table wine and make the Crushendo's for those special occassions.

I just ordered the New Zealand Marlboro Sauvignon Blanc from GEO, he
recomended it so highly last month, I don't really care for white wine,
but my brother does so I am making it. I have made a Bolero Sauvignon
Blanc and everyone I have given a bottle to like it as the best wine I
have made. I also finaly ordered the gravity wine filler!!

I have made the NZ Sauv Blanc and I love it. I'm letting it age some now but it tasted very good at bottling. Much better than the selection Sauv Blanc I made. I also have the bottle filler and love it too.

whats the deal with the bottle filler??? right now i have the manuel push down until its full style... whats the gravity filler like???

good to see you posting Frank, i haven't see you posting lately, either different boards we've been in, or hopefully a nice summer vacation up there in Summerwonderland

The Buon Vino Auto Bottle filler is a great "toy". It makes bottle filling much easier and reduces the mess considerably. What makes is so good is that it fills each bottle to the correct level, then shuts off. Move the filler to the next bottle, push down on the top and off it goes to filling the bottle. Here is the link to the item:

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDetA.asp?PartNumber=4887

My wifes says it is the best toy in the store!

Thegravity filler sounds like a great idea. I spend alot of time getting the other to get a good flow especially if there is a punt in the bottom of the bottle.

Ramona

how many more days til christmas ???

do you use the autosiphon and just hook in the tube to the filler (thats what it looks like)... or does the filler siphon itself???

The filler does it all. Google Buon Vino website and they have a nice demonstration there.

smiley20.gif

glenvall, you are the google master... learned a lot on malolactic ferm yesterday.... when you do it, do you test to see if its complete, (sounds like a pain)

You are supposed to. Correct, it is not meant for the novice winemaker. I just left it for about 2 months, then stabilized. I know I was taking a big chance, but it worked out fine.

cbwenger, I have been working 7 days a week, not playing, can't wait to
get back to my normal schedule of 3 on 3 off, in my spare time I have
been getting ready for the upcoming fastdrinkinwine.com TEXAS holdum'
poker tournement, and polmolive seems to have found a drinking
problem.....more to come!!

2005-08-17_172552_poker_man%21_001.jpg

ALL IN!!!!!

2005-08-17_172728_poker_man%21_003.jpg

I call Ya Stinkie !!! I gotz a royal flush

2005-08-17_173509_is.jpg

Now box dem goodies up and getz em headed did way. Me an ole Palmolive are gonna go float the ouachita riverEdited by: Waldo

Better be careful there Waldo, Stinkie may not like you hittin' on hiz best gurl!
smiley36.gif
An whatz yer wife gunna say?
smiley19.gif

lol... too much fun, i gotta try that fast winedrinkin texas hold'em myself, looks like fun... of course looks like the palmolive folded early, or went all in and lost a big one.... nice tie

Thanks Stinkie.....my hot sauce gets top billingin your pics with Polly!

The garden is full of Thai Dragon peppers and I can see a new sauce recipe in the works!

Latest posts

Back