Cellar Craft Which CC kit should I start first

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJMehr

Reaction score
I just received a shipment of 3 CC kits yesterday. The first is the 2009 Limited Edition Downunder Trio (<i style="">CABERNET
SAUVIGNON / GRENACHE / <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">SHIRAZ), </st1:city></st1:place></span>[/i]<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">the second kit is CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo, and the third kit is CC 5 week Global Cuvée Barbera. </st1:city></st1:place></span><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">I am a newbie having only make 2 RJ Spag Grand Cru kits.

All have the crushed grape packs. In fact the grape packs look to be the same for all the kits.

My question is which kit should I make first? I only have one primary fermentation container.

I realize that all these kits will require 1+ year of aging. Should I start with the 5 week kit first or just jump in and start with the 2009 Limited Edition Downunder.

Since they all contain grape packs, is the procedure the same for all these kits?

Robert
</st1:city></st1:place></span><i style=""></span>[/i]

Ah, I remember when I started and had the same delima, the answer was get more buckets and carboys! Welcome to the forum Robert, good quality kits you have there, enjoy them!

Does not matter they are all going to be fantastic. I sure hope you have 3 of the 6 gallon carboys.
VPC

Ah yes. First you think, "I'll get one of those starter kits and a few wine kits and I'll be all set." The next thing you know...You are up to your neck in glassware and plastic buckets and tubes and..... Truly, it becomes an obsession.
smiley1.gif

I do have 6 carboys waiting to be filled with wine. But somehow I did not think about having more then one primary fermentation container. I found a great bargain on eBay for an 8 gallon food grade plastic container for $10.00 which should be here next week.

I am a photographer and have turned my old, not used anymore darkroom into my wine cellar. After reading this forum and WinePress US forum, I have a very good understanding of what I need to do to make great home made wine.

I already have many of the toys talked about in the forums (Portuguese
corker, bottle washers, Auto-Siphon, degassing wanes, paddles, auto wine
filler.

If only I could figure out where to purchase a year's worth of aging, I am dying to taste some of these wines.

Robert

RJMehr said:
I already have many of the toys talked about in the forums (Portuguese
corker, bottle washers, Auto-Siphon, degassing wanes, paddles, auto wine
filler.

If only I could figure out where to purchase a year's worth of aging, I am dying to taste some of these wines.

Robert

When you go to bottle fill a few of the 375s that way you can get a little taste of the wine and follow how it is improving.
VPC

GEE !

We all should have such problems. If you have the fermentors do all of them at once.
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back