When is it safe to...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junit83

Reaction score
When is it safe to taste your must.... I have a few more days before i transfer to its secondary carboy... but right now... my bannana wine looks unsanitary!.... hard to believe its going to be something i will enjoy in a few months...

thanks

Its all safe to drink at any age and urge you to do so at every step so that you can tell waht is going on.

But not to often, you'll end up like me. I am working on batch 14, 15, and 16, and have never got any into a bottle!!!!! These will however, been a long dark, cold, broke winter. Hard to look on the frig and no you have five gallons of wine that has alcohol in it and no money to buy any.I have a nice banana strawberry working in the primary for the last 6 days, it'll be good for xmas, I don't want to embarass myself, or the craft, and surely not those who taught me. I promise, this is going into bottles. If you want a quick wine. buy a gallon of apple cider, sugar and yeast mix it up, put an airlock on it and wait four weeks. it may taste funny, but it'll work. Mind you, I said if, don't do it, and if you do...don't admit it.
Troy
:h

Back