What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a MM all juice bucket Amarone (not Meglioli) supposed to be their best juice bucket (paid $96), which is bulk aging. Time to go and check if crap or what but I don't have a good sense of what a good Amarone tastes like (hint: maybe a good Samaritan from here can send me a good bottle... :: ).
Every time I go to Costco those bottles are in the $40 range at least and I have to look away once I get that look from the wife....you know.
But it may be time to taste that Amarone and see, started Oct 2014 and my notes say that a 1/2 gal jug needed to be tossed with a bad smell/taste......:(
The 5gal carboy did not have that issue.

Every time I go to Costco those bottles are in the $40 range at least and I have to look away once I get that look from the wife....you know.

$40 is pretty good, actually. Sign up at WTSO, they have them even less. Or go to Trader Joes.

$40 is pretty good, actually. Sign up at WTSO, they have them even less. Or go to Trader Joes.

Or someone can try to swap a bottle with me....::

I will try and buy a bottle at Costco next time.....:pee

BTW, we are drinking a "Coastal Red" blend by us of 20% Cab & 80% Sangiovese, 18 mo old, very nice, pairing with Meatballs & Pene pasta. The concentrates were from the Home Winery Supply in Dundee Mi. Roy

Geek, if you get back to N. Ft. Myers, we have some 1 yr, 4 yr and a very few bottles of 6yr old Amarones. Don't ask, won't ship, it's not good for old wines to be shipped! LOL! Roy

Thanks Roy.:h

2014 Amador Old Vine Zinfandel that I recently bottled. It's good, but a little hot. I think a year in the bottle and it'll be a wowzer.

Costco had these for $6.99 a bottle with a $2.00 instant rebate!

90pts WS

"Ripe and expressive, supple and generous, with dark berry, black cherry, licorice and spice flavors, gliding into the long, harmonious and toasty finish. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. Drink now through 2021. 40,000 cases made."

l7AlK1NyQ0utu897JBlLOA.jpg

Did you try it?

If good I have to make a stop to nearest Costco.....

No, we got home too late on Friday and went out to dinner in Santa fe last night. So will give it a go soon but for $7 don't think you could go wrong.

They also had the 2013 H3 Les Chevaux in stock for $10.99 IIRC and snagged a bottle of that as well for fun. No review yet on that one from WS.

BLEND: 59% Merlot, 36% Syrah, 4% Viognier, 1% Cabernet Franc
TOTAL ACIDITY 0.54 g/100 mL
PH: 3.75
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%

Did you try it?

If good I have to make a stop to nearest Costco.....

Last edited:
Indeed, that sounds like a good deal for the price, let me know when you give it a go.....

Supping a Raspberry/Blueberry wine, it must be ok because it inspired me to log in here and vouch for it ;-)

Tried 1st bottle of my 2015 Chilean Carmenere/Malbec/Merlot blend. Exactly 1 year old today. Very good, much better than anticipated at the twelve month mark. Has a nice earthy/sweet taste with a touch of oak. Looking forward to this wine at 18+ months.

Had Easter dinner a week late! Fixed a spiral sliced ham, scalloped potatoes, fresh asparagus for dinner. Paired it with a 2009 EIEIO Pinot Noir. This wine was fantastic at the winery several years ago and even better tonight. Needed about 30 mins to open up but its humming along right now almost 2 hours later.

IMG_1031.jpg

Latest posts

Back