What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke out one of my 2016's I received today. It definitely has the potential to rival the 2015 but right now its young and wound pretty tight still. Have had it opened for about 45 mins now and ran a glass through a vinator and still needed more air. Starting to soften nicely now at close to an hour. Good stuff for the money for sure!

I liked the 2015. Good stuff.

Made for "Millenials" or Adults? Notes? Would you buy again or one and done? Thinking it has to be good because it's a "proprietary red blend"........

Made for "Millenials" or Adults? Notes? Would you buy again or one and done? Thinking it has to be good because it's a "proprietary red blend"........

That's the 2nd bottle I've purchased. An enjoyable wine. Definitely some fruit, but some tannin to back it up. Maybe not for millennials, but not for baby boomers either. ;) Went really well with the steak/rub I had last night.

I bet it is off dry!

Just tasting this as we speak and was thinking if there’s some residual sugar in it...hmmm [emoji848]

It does not suck at all, good value. Great tones of berries on the nose and if it has any RS it must be below 1.00 for sure. It is dry but just a tiny bit of RS, barely noticeable.

E7AE4CD9-C6BF-49A4-8ECF-EA869495F4D3.jpg

Just tasting this as we speak and was thinking if there’s some residual sugar in it...hmmm [emoji848]

It does not suck at all, good value. Great tones of berries on the nose and if it has any RS it must be below 1.00 for sure. It is dry but just a tiny bit of RS, barely noticeable.[/ATTACH]

I'm actually impressed with 19 Crimes in general. I think the only one that didn't appeal too much to me was the Shiraz.

Website says:

A blend of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache from South Eastern Australia. The wine is aged in 100% American oak and has 12.0 g/L of residual sugar.

It does not suck at all, good value. Great tones of berries on the nose and if it has any RS it must be below 1.00 for sure. It is dry but just a tiny bit of RS, barely noticeable.

View attachment 54348

I opened a Rosso di Montepulciano (Vecchia Cantina, 2016). Last time I tried it, it was too tannic, but I hadn't really given it any time to breathe. I thought it would go well with the grass-fed chuck roast I am making tonight, so I am decanting it for ~2.5 hours before dinner. We'll see!

Drop dead gorgeous Malbec. This is the Malbec you were looking for......
#18 on WS Top 100 wines for 2017. Picked it up at Costco for a song. Pairs really well with Prime Rib BTW.

IMG_4242.JPG

Latest posts

Back