What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you mean the 16's re JD by chance?

I will report back as soon as I get my order in. Hopefully by the end of the week. Bought enough to pop a few early and let the others ride it out in the cellar for a while. CT has review's up on the 16's already. Seems to be about like the 15's were. For this price I am looking for something that fits a niche drinking market so to speak.

The review I posted is 2016 vintage.

OK was confused by the WA 94pt sticker on the 15's and the exact same score by JD. Thought he had left by then and was own his own. Looks like JD still likes the 16's.

Dunnuck was still working for WA at that time, 2015 is the only vintage he reviewed, RP did the previous vintages (12, 13, and 14)

Don’t ship to LA either.......

They really don't ship to many places at all. Can't believe they ship to DC but not VA or surrounding area. I am lucky I suppose not only do they ship to one of the least populated, poorest states in the US but they also have one of their 3 CA locations about 20 mins drive away from the kids house in Burbank. Probably one of the best all around wine retailers I have found to date.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 6.54.06 AM.png

They really don't ship to many places at all. Can't believe they ship to DC but not VA or surrounding area. I am lucky I suppose not only do they ship to one of the least populated, poorest states in the US but they also have one of their 3 CA locations about 20 mins drive away from the kids house in Burbank. Probably one of the best all around wine retailers I have found to date.

View attachment 54107

I have to agree, they really have an incredible selection and very good pricing points on most everything. I had actually assembled a pretty large order from them a couple years back, and at the time, LA was listed as a place that they can ship to. When it was time to pay and close the deal out, an icon popped up saying they couldn't ship here. I called and they confirmed it, but hadn't updated their website.

Funny how some places ship here and some don't. I get lots of wine every year from lots of different places, but some just can't figure it out.

I have to admit this wine is way too sweet even for my wife who loves wines in the sweet side.

This ended up around 1.060 [emoji849]

It would’ve been a nice sipping wine if I added more of the fpack upfront.

IMG_0074.JPG

You realize that is a dessert wine? Supposed to pair well with something sweet.

I have to admit this wine is way too sweet even for my wife who loves wines in the sweet side.

View attachment 54165

View attachment 54165
I made a couple batches of Oregon Berry blend from 2018 berries. The first batch I errored and added way more sugar than I wanted. However, the yeast I used was good to 18% alcohol. I let 'er go until it completed fermenting. Ended up with 16.5% but sweet, sweet and more sweet (1.035). Fortunately the berry flavors were very pronounced with a sweet burn of the alcohol. Great for sipping cold. You just cannot drink a lot. Also, I used it for marinating beet ribs...OMG did those turn out great.

Broke out one of my 2016's I received today. It definitely has the potential to rival the 2015 but right now its young and wound pretty tight still. Have had it opened for about 45 mins now and ran a glass through a vinator and still needed more air. Starting to soften nicely now at close to an hour. Good stuff for the money for sure!

b_Domaine-Lafage-Cotes-du-Roussillon-Bastide-Miraflors_zoom_3.jpg

Broke out one of my 2016's I received today. It definitely has the potential to rival the 2015 but right now its young and wound pretty tight still. Have had it opened for about 45 mins now and ran a glass through a vinator and still needed more air. Starting to soften nicely now at close to an hour. Good stuff for the money for sure!

Not to mention that it needs to sit and recover from its journey!!

At least it went ground and only had to travel ~1000 miles. Plus it seems these days they are going a much better route for wine (for K&L). They used to head south on I5 and then ship things through Phoenix and or Las Vegas. Horrible route 99% of the time for wine. Hot weather most of the time even in lots of Winter. Last two orders have gone north through Reno to SLC and then east to WY until CO and then south through Denver. Much cooler route for sure. Doing my happy dance!

Not to mention that it needs to sit and recover from its journey!!

I saw that one awhile ago on the Costco Wine Blog. I can't seem to find it at my local Costco to give it a go.

Master Vintner LE16 Cherie Merlot started January 20, 2018. This is the first bottle from that batch. Initial impressions? Very good, overall. An interesting smoky bacon nose. Mouth feel is a bit weak but has strong tannins and a smooth finish. I can already tell I wish I had more than 31, oops...30 of these left. ;0)

Master Vintner LE16 Cherie Merlot started January 20, 2018. This is the first bottle from that batch. Initial impressions? Very good, overall. An interesting smoky bacon nose. Mouth feel is a bit weak but has strong tannins and a smooth finish. I can already tell I wish I had more than 31, oops...30 of these left. ;0)

I also have that one ready to bottle...

Latest posts

Back