What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expecting pictures, especially of a chicken on the "throne"!

I'm doing Philly style cheese steaks on Teranetti's sub rolls, nothing too exciting there. Maybe I could conjure up a side to do on the WSM?

No pics, sorry. Butt came out great - maybe my best one. Chicken was incredibly moist, but was lacking a tad in flavor. Luckily, I had some rub left and tossed that in as I was shredding it. Rave reviews on the pork from the neighbors, who all came back to the table with second helpings that were heaping.

Grilled shrimp, from Jamesngalveston's company. I brined them, then combined a few recipes, and wound up with seasonings of lime juice, cumin, tumeric, coriander, garlic, and then a side sauce at the table that was cilantro, olive oil, and roasted garlic. Yum!

This meal did not fall off the back of a truck..... "Prime" Prime Rib followed by roasted summer veggies followed by a fresh Greek salad. Paired pretty darn well with a 2009 Mark Ryan "Dead Horse". Bordeaux blend. SWMBO's BD is tomorrow and we are starting early!

image.jpg

@sour_grapes: that shrimp sounds awesome

@ibglowin: you're off to a very good start on the BD celebration.

Heart healthy meal to start my day off right. Fried egg, turkey bacon, scrapple on wheat toast. Notice I didn't add any cheese to keep the fat calories down a bit. Oh, and no butter on the toast either. My 25% German heritage sometimes has to express itself. :D

9-6-15_breakfast.jpg

Last night's official birthday celebration dinner for SWMBO! First up was a Sesame-Sriracha Crusted Ahi Tuna. I will post the recipe in the recipe forum but it was awesome. Then the main course was a grilled whole Copper River salmon filet. Still the best salmon hands down. Summer field of greens salad of course and the wine was the LR Sem-Sauv. Killer food and wine pairing.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

My wife asked two questions, I think I know the answers...What is the foil thingy in the middle of that delicious looking lasagna? (I'm guessing to keep the cheese from sticking to the foil during the first part of cooking). Second, she asked what all the food was for and I explained there is a family tradition where everyone gathers and crushes that years grape harvest then indulges in the foods shown in the pictures. She asked how do you get invited to one of those? (I said become Italian). :h

Actually Hungarian (that just happens to like Italian food). This just augments what everybody else is bringing.. paprikas, goulash, lecho, perogies, salads, a nice soup, stuffed cabage, and a whole baked.turkey just to name a few.

those are wads of tin foil to, yes, keep the cover off the top layer of cheese

@ JohnT one of my many hats that I proudly wear is that of official anything Italian food taster!:sm
Once again John, food spread looks awesome.
Thanks,

Steve

You are making me hungary!

True story: My wife and I were traveling with my parents on a very crowded train from Prague to Budapest. We were debating whether to try to tramp back, through the crowds, to the dining car, or to just send one of us for snacks, or to wait to eat until we got to our destination.

My wife was arguing to eat on the train. Completely unaware of how this would sound, she tried to emphatically end the argument by declaring "We don't want to arrive in Budapest hungry!" My mother retorted with a reference that we were like a George Burns/Gracie Allen act. "Say goodnight, Gracie!"

Finally getting my act down in the morning after two full weeks of school, so I had time to make breakfast (instead of eating it in the car on the way to work).

Had pulled pork last night, so I thought a pulled pork omelette was in order. Notice I put the extra butter on the toast that I didn't use on my scrapple/bacon/egg breakfast sandwich the other day.

9-10-15_breakfast.jpg

Have about 1/2 pound of scrumptious pulled pork and a leftover sub roll...lunch.

Will still have enough left to add to a Friday grilled pizza.

You're in the same boat as me. Last night was pulled pork sandwiches. Night before was pulled pork and pulled chicken nachos. Wonder what tonight will bring...

You're in the same boat as me. Last night was pulled pork sandwiches. Night before was pulled pork and pulled chicken nachos. Wonder what tonight will bring...

Now that's a good idea! I have a food network grilling book with pulled pork nachos that I know my wife loves, just have to text her to not make herself a chicken nugget sandwich tonight when she's cooking for the kids. Mmmm nacho cheese, sour cream, maybe some chives and green chilies....

Latest posts

Back