What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easter dinner was spectacular (if I may say so). My wife's arm was injured some 10 weeks ago, and it is still keeping her out of the kitchen, so it was all up to me. I opened with a warm salad of grilled/broiled heart of Romaine with a caesar vinaigrette. The primo piato was deep-fried artichoke hearts with garlic, parmesan cheese, and truffle oil. The main course had roasted Yukon Gold potatoes, baked artichoke halves, and a rack of lamb. For once in my life, every single element of the meal turned out just the way I wanted it to. We washed all of this down with a scrumptious Amarone.

:r :ea

Easter dinner was spectacular (if I may say so). My wife's arm was injured some 10 weeks ago, and it is still keeping her out of the kitchen, so it was all up to me. I opened with a warm salad of grilled/broiled heart of Romaine with a caesar vinaigrette. The primo piato was deep-fried artichoke hearts with garlic, parmesan cheese, and truffle oil. The main course had roasted Yukon Gold potatoes, baked artichoke halves, and a rack of lamb. For once in my life, every single element of the meal turned out just the way I wanted it to. We washed all of this down with a scrumptious Amarone.

:r :ea

It sounds delish! Your wife should be proud!!!!

Well,

We went down to Georgia for Easter. I cooked..

Friday - I made a boneless leg of lamb. I went in for a 1/4 of a sheep and was saving this for a special occasion. I stabbed and inserted the lamb with cloves of garlic, rubbed it with olive oil, then dusted it with salt, pepper, and onion powder. I then took whole sprigs of rosemary and inserted them in between the string holding the leg together and the outside of the lamb. Into the oven at 450 for 30 minutes (to develop that bark) and then continued baking at 325 until internal temp hit 140. Let rest for 20 minutes. Carved, and served with goat cheese salad, brussel sprouts, and mashed spuds. Also made a freaking awesome gravy out of the pan drippings. Served with a nice ghost pines cab. Best lamb I ever had!!! I also made a fresh apple pie (from scratch) for dessert.

Saturday - made roast chicken, stuffing (and yes, I stuff the bird), mashed spuds, string bean/onion ring casserole, gravy, biscuits, creamy cabbage salad, cranberry sauce (the cheap jelly kind). SIL brought a carrot cake for dessert.

Sunday - simply meal of left over cabbage salad, mashed spud again, and a baked ham.

Once again, I am lax in my picture taking. I would apologize and ask your understanding. I was cooking (and cleaning) for the entire family all weekend and kept forgetting to take pictures.

That looks real yummy Dan. What a great idea. I'm going to steal that one from you next time the kids are out !

Tonight, I'm starving. I made a half pound elk burger that I'll be topping with cherry smoked bacon and sharp cheddar.

I'm cursing you and so is my husband! We can get Bison but not elk, we had a restaurant that also is a micro brewery that served elk burgers but they don't any more.

attachment.php

Amazingly, it was at my Harris Teeter, right next to the ground buffalo. Who knew!!??

Looks more like it was at your local Harris 'TATER tot.

80 and sunny here today, and I felt like grilling lite. Thinly sliced boneless chicken breast; lightly breaded with panko, parmesan, S&P, oregano and a little lemon zest. I'll be grilling some asparagus and chopping that, tossing it in some angel hair pasta with some olive oil, parmesan and lemon zest. Finally, corn on the cob with basil butter.

"Quick Chicken Parm"...Seared chicken breasts on a bed of pasta with red sauce, baked. Not fancy but very tasty.

Chicken was on sale so it was a roasted chicken, potato salad, and cucumber salad last nigh. Tonight it will be hot open faced chicken sandwiches.. yum.

Fish Taco's!

Easy Friday night dinner after a long week working the "chain gang" LOL

Wild caught Alaskan Cod baked in the oven, with jalapeño ranch cole slaw, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.

Paired nicely with a 2012 EFESTE Feral Sauvignon Blanc from WA State.

The weekend is finally here! :hug

IMG_0287.jpg

Latest posts

Back