What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIL brought the makings for dinner (as well as cleaning our house and doing our laundry) so we had beautifully BBQ'd strip loin steaks, oven roasted baby potatoes, and butter braised green beans.

We so rarely have beef these days that it was just a treat, and perfectly medium-rare! Cheers to excellent In-Laws!

Gluten free fusili pasta, with a chipotle infused pesto cream sauce, sauteed onions and sweet peppers.

Whoa! That looks outstanding Angelina. No one will blame you if you do some "in process, quality assurance testing." As a matter of fact, I feel it is essential.

Last edited:
I basted it with white wine last night. It's two hours shy of 24 and it is done. Going to sample it shortly. :)

I basted it with white wine last night. It's two hours shy of 24 and it is done. Going to sample it shortly. :)

Angelina,

You have been a member here long enough to know the policies...

If you do not post a picture, it never happened :)

Seriously, That looks and sounds simply amazing. I would definitely give this a try except my wife has an aversion to pork. I, on the other hand, can't get enough!

Angelina,

You have been a member here long enough to know the policies...

If you do not post a picture, it never happened :)

Seriously, That looks and sounds simply amazing. I would definitely give this a try except my wife has an aversion to pork. I, on the other hand, can't get enough!

LOL, right after I pulled it out of the oven I told hubby I should take a picture, but between heading to church Back to home....icing a white cake and icing chocolate cupcakes, then the family started pouring in it never happened! And now there is no evidence left, just the memory. But I will do this again, and I will try to get a picture :) btw I also added Orange peel to mine and with the addition of the white wine, the lemon slices and orange peel took on a candied effect. Yum... If you and your wife like lamb you can substitute the pork for it. :D

An easy, but good and quick weeknight dinner. Grilled Greek style chicken pitas and corn on the cob.

Larry's in the Grove...

We Reserved tables for a party to celebrate 3 Birthdays at Larry's French Market & Cajun Restaurant in Grove, Texas.

Great Cajun food, good friends, dancing and a live Cajun Band, "Jackie Caillier & Cajun Cousins".

I had Alligator, Boudin, Crawfish Etoufee, Dirty Rice, BBQ Crab and Fried Catfish, with Lone Star on the side.

My daughter made the chocolate cake, a pot of crawfish with 3 Rice Krispie treat cans of Lone Star Beer.

Larry's in the Grove, Texas  Resized 400.jpg

Lone Star Resized 400.jpg

Lone Star - Crawfish Pot Birth Day cake Resized 400.jpg

Well, I cannot touch Avantjour's delicious menu. I went to a Biergarten, and had (in addition to two liters of Dunkelbrau) a couple of sausages. After I got home and had a sauna, I was still hungry, and had a couple of eggs and cheese. I was STILL hungry, and am presently munching on a huge bowl of popcorn.

Avantjour,

You should be put in prison for such torcher!!!

Man, could I go for some good Cajun right now. The problem is that I live in NJ....

I didn't really plan it, but I made a very nice meal. My neighbor had suggested a few days ago that he and I go hunt Morels mushrooms this weekend. We could not make it at the same time. So, this afternoon, I went on a mini expedition to a small park near my house for Morels. On my way over, I bumped into my other neighbors, and told them what I was doing, and I predicted that "No Morel mushrooms will be harmed in the making of my dinner."

I was wrong! I went to the park, and I found one, and only one, Morel as I tromped around down there for 45 minutes. I sauteed it for dinner with shallots and soy sauce, and it was delicious! I made hamburger, corn on the cob, broiled Romaine with a tarragon/lemon/oil/shallot dressing, and broiled eggplant. Much better dinner than I thought I would come up with when I started!

Last night we had Steaks cooked on the charcoal grill along with Baked Potatoes, Scallops, Shrimp on the grill and steamed green beans. The shrimp were marinated in Pomegranate Pepper wine, olive oil and cajun seasoning then cooked on the grill over some mesquite wood chips.

My wife had a bunch of family in town over the weekend. We capped the weekend off with a big dinner at Mon Ami Gabi last night. Many appetizers were passed around and I enjoyed some shrimp cocktail and delicious escargot. I washed those down with a 2012 Bourgogne Chardonnay. For dinner, I had Arctic Char with a tomato/olive risotto, paired with a 2011 Marsannay Pinot Noir (also from Bourgogne). The wines were delicious and the food even better. I'd never had Char before, but that certainly won't be the last time.

Saturday night, we all went to my sister-in-law's place. Bro-in-law did a fantastic pork shoulder on his Egg with rubbed with a South African style seasoning. I started the evening with a Bluberry Ale, then jumped into a fantastic Barossa Valley Shiraz that was excellent with the BBQ.

Latest posts

Back