What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Mrs Boatboy didn't take out the tenderloin tips to thaw the other day. So we had 'em tonight. Marinated in a soy/ginger/garlic/scalion/honey/sesame marinade. Grilled over charcoal. Served with a Soba noodle salad. I used organic ramen noodles, since I didn't have any soba on hand.

Fire-roasted wieners, raspberry spinach salad, and raw fruits and veggies. Washed down with my 2012 Orange creamsicle mead and followed by fresh rhubarb cake.

Ate well this weekend

We have some house guests this week. In other words, I have more people to cook for ... Waaahooo!

Friday
I made my creole clam soup as a first course.
I like to cook this on my Webber in a cast iron pot.

I browned Andouille sausage in a bit of olive oil.
Added celery, onion, red bell pepper, and sauteed until soft.
Added 1 bottle of white wine, 2 cups of chicken stock, salt, pepper, and some fresh herbs snipped from my deck garden.
boiled for 20 minutes
added 50 little neck clams
served once the clams opened (about 5 minutes covered) with a nice loaf of Italian bread. Paired with a nicely chilled riesling.

After the soup, I made grilled pork tenderloin, mushroom rice pilaf (the only thing I made in the house, and grilled asparagus. a 2012 cabernet to wash in down.

Sunday

We started with my bruschetta: Green onions, a fist full of fresh basil from the deck, diced fresh tomatoes, a touch of olive oil, and a generous amount of balsamic vinegar. Chilled for 2 hours. We ate this as an app on small slices of Italian bread. I paired it with my 2014 Chilean cab.

For a second course, I made strawberry/avocado salad in a lite balsamic vinaigrette.

I made my "Sky High" lasagna. Started cooking the sauce around 10am and simmered it for 3 hours. The sauce contained onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes (obviously), and 3 pounds of meatloaf mix (equal parts grounded veal, beef, and prok) that was browned and drained. I let the sauce reduced by 30% on the stove until nice and thick.
For the cheese mix I used eggs, ricotta, mutz, and parmesan cheese. Yes, it does taste every bit as good as it looks (if I do say so myself).

See pictures

IMG_20150612_201431_582.jpg

IMG_20150612_202826_781.jpg

IMG_20150612_211828_233.jpg

IMG_20150614_171755_069.jpg

IMG_20150614_175142_111.jpg

:dg

Very good Tonyt,

Two of our Birthday Celebrants were Autistic twins that loved the high energy of dancing to Cajun music.

I live on Fm 421 near Pine Ridge.

I'm just off Major Drive in th etree shaded west end of Beaumont.

"Roadside" chicken. Grilled potato salad with bacon-scallion vinaigrette, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob with basil butter.

IMG_2988.jpg

I did a small cook-a-thon today: two batches of spaghetti sauce, a crock pot of short-rib stew, and a pot of chili. We had the chili tonight with some garlic bread. Mmmmm!!

Grill chicken wings with my homemade bourbon bbq sauce, Vidalia onion sautéed in butter and Worcester sauce and Hawaiian sweet rolls.

My FIL always said that in his neck of the woods, Blairesville Georgia, you tell how good or bad the economy is by the amount of road kill you see.

Authentic all the way. Poppy seed bun (imported). Neon green pickle relish (imported). Sport peppers (imported). Hot Dog (Hebrew National) imported from Costco LOL. Yellow mustard, onion, cherry tomato, celery salt. Now what wine goes with this!

IMG_0459.jpg

Authentic all the way. Poppy seed bun (imported). Neon green pickle relish (imported). Sport peppers (imported). Hot Dog (Hebrew National) imported from Costco LOL. Yellow mustard, onion, cherry tomato, celery salt. Now what wine goes with this!

You've got yourself a fairly authentic Chicago style dog there. No ketchup or mayo or any crap like that to ruin it. I'd pair it with something (imported) red and Italian...

Last edited:

Something old world. Thinking Old Style

I hate to tell you, but there seems to be a salad covering your hot dog.. :)

seriously, looks yummy. I would go with a hearty merlot.

Latest posts

Back