whats coffee wine taste like ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twintrades

Reaction score
Ive read some recipes for coffee wine. I just was wondering what it tastes like ? Anything like coffee or what. Id hate to make a batch and find out its crap !

it tastes like coffee! ha! No but i had a coffee mead that was amazing, nice body and killer coffee flavor, all i needed was a a doughnut to go with it!

I tried RJSpagnols coffee port and thought it was very good.......... I have orange chocolate and white chocolate port from almost 3 years
ago and thought the coffee was better

I'm glad to hear the report on the coffee port. I am in the process of aging some right now. I am thinking of maybe adding some Bailie's or khaloua to it. At least trying a bench trail.

Dan, I was going to ask you last Saturday about your Coffee Port. I added the sweetening blend after it cleared. But since then (December 13), it still hasn't cleared again. I'm not sure if it is supposed to or not. Any ideas? I plan to fortify mine with Brandy.

Dan, I was going to ask you last Saturday about your Coffee Port. I added the sweetening blend after it cleared. But since then (December 13), it still hasn't cleared again. I'm not sure if it is supposed to or not. Any ideas? I plan to fortify mine with Brandy.
To be honest with you Mike, I haven't even looked at mine for quite some time except to check the air lock. Maybe this weekend.

I'm glad to hear the report on the coffee port. I am in the process of aging some right now. I am thinking of maybe adding some Bailie's or khaloua to it. At least trying a bench trail.

Hmm I have some Bailys imitation/ make your own flavoring, wonder if that would work????

Well i dont have any citric acid. What can i use in place of it ? Its jacks recipe 1 1/2 tsp is what it calls for.... ?

Sorry ALL, I have been in Fl. & didn't see the posts looking for my recipe. Will be home this weekend & will post it here. I made coffee wine 30 yrs. ago with instant coffee & it was drinkable, but only so-so. This wine I made from fresh ground 8 o'clock, [what we drink for breakfast] & it was really good. It's now 18 mo. old & may have improved some, but not as much as most wines do. But it's cheap, easy & GOOD, hard to get all 3 in anything, never mind wine. Roy

OK, Grandson here's for a week, doing TOO much water sports right now will try to post recipe as soon as he gives me a break. Actually I thought I already posted it. AHH the memory is the 2nd thing to GO! Roy PS Found another 2 bottles of Coffee Wine yesterday looking for a "drink now" red.

Latest posts

Back