What I going so far!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arh13p

Reaction score
Well I started this hobby in August of 2012 so it has only been about 6 months. In that time I have already bottled and went through a little over 20 gallons of wine. Now that my fever is under control I am trying to be patient and get a little bit more age out of it before I dive back in.

From the people that drank my wines, the best wines I have done are the apple wine, grape wine and triple/quad berry wine (thanks dangerdave!). After experimenting with others with so so results I figured I may as well make a lot of what what I like and what others like so... here is what I have going on now..

From left to right I have:

5 gal of Apple
6 gal of grape
5 gal of Triple Berry (dragon blood)
1 gal of Cran-Apple
1 gal of Cran Raspberry
5 gal of Quad Berry (verison of dragon blood)
6 gal of Quad Berry in buckets that I am going to pitch yeast tonight.

Thanks for all help on this forum. I have learned a lot and am having great luck with the turnout of my wine.

wine022213a.jpg

wine022213b.jpg

You already went through over 20 gallons of wine since August? Patience is a virtue my friend and your friends will likely appreciate patience.

Congrats on your passion! The good thing is that the SkeeterPee based wines are ready to consume PDQ and the other fruit wines typically need as little as six months of age before they are nice.
Perhaps this time try to set some to the side and allow it to age. You may find things even more improved. It could simply be the wines you made that did not pass the cut of 'goodness' simply needed more age. But it all boils down to if you enjoy it, so all is good!

At 6 months, you should just now be thinking of bottling the first batch.

Yea I had a plan in mind. I figured I could get through what I made to have carboy space for my second round. Now that I know what I want and the carboys filled, they will have plenty of time to age since we are expecting are second child in three weeks! It all got drank so none went to waste :)

Back