What do you think of government regulations?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oil, you are right on. The road to that toasty place where you can't age wine is paved with good intentions.

Mike, do you frequent edmunds.com?

George, we all behave because we love you and all you do for us. This is a place where we are all welcome, and where we check our hot buttons at the door. Like I said when accepting the honor of becoming a moderator, it's been a long time since I was a part of a community that I enjoyed and appreciated so much.

As a moderator, I admit I get nervous when I see topics like this. The potential is there. That said, I know that people here behave in amanner that allows people to agree to disagree with dignity. Many of us have seen what can happen by reading other forums. I see this forum as a place where people mind their manners and respect one another. I'm thankful for the opportunity I've been given to be a moderator here and all the great people who participate. My job is so easy because people here know how to treat each.
smiley32.gif

I feel that the government should crank down on automakers to make vehicles that run on what the average American can brew up in their own garage!!!!Edited by: PolishWineP

Wine fuel? No way is my wine going in my truck. Ill wsalk to work first!
smiley36.gif

Its easy to be reasonable with reasonable folks.

ALWAYS AGREE WITH SCOTTY
smiley7.gif
smiley36.gif
Edited by: scotty

PeterZ said:
Oil, you are right on. The road to that toasty place where you can't age wine is paved with good intentions.

Mike, do you frequent edmunds.com?

George, we all behave because we love you and all you do for us. This is a place where we are all welcome, and where we check our hot buttons at the door. Like I said when accepting the honor of becoming a moderator, it's been a long time since I was a part of a community that I enjoyed and appreciated so much.

I don't go to Edmunds, but I frequent several other automotive related forums. There's one called Autoblog-the responses to articles are downright nasty. Bob Is The Oil Guy has some very heated arguments over some pretty petty things.

I agree-George sets the standard here for us to follow. He and the moderators handle the board like George handles his customers-with a lot of class and respect.

I would also like to add, weather it politics, religion, or anywhere in between, this forum has class! Even theclose nit families can get into a brawl and end up being disrespectfully to one another.

It goes to say, wine people are the best!

As far as government regulations......has anyone ever picked up a book full of regulations and tried to read them? I think Peterz said it...........they are written and can be interpreted in different ways........even though the intentions would bare common sense......the writings are not meant to be point blank, for to many areas of difference in turn creates an open book of regulations.....therefore no one can be accountable.

When I was a moderator on CompuServe (yes, I'm that old) we had the ability to delete entire threads, as well as individual messages, that got too acrimonous. I don't know what software this board is using, but when I ran a site on PHP Nuke I could do that as well.

I've never seen a thread here that needed deleting, but some Visigoths might arrive someday just to stir up some $#!^. Do George or Masta have the power to make a thread cease to exist in the current universe?

Ive seen good forums go bad, I think the members here wouldn't tolerate it, the Visigoths would be wasting there time., knowing at the bottom of each post there is a "!report" tab, gives some assurance we are in good handsI think.

PeterZ said:
When I was a moderator on CompuServe (yes, I'm that old) we had the ability to delete entire threads, as well as individual messages, that got too acrimonous. I don't know what software this board is using, but when I ran a site on PHP Nuke I could do that as well.

I've never seen a thread here that needed deleting, but some Visigoths might arrive someday just to stir up some $#!^. Do George or Masta have the power to make a thread cease to exist in the current universe?

Of course we have the power to make any thread, topic, and members disappear without a trace but rarely use these powers.
smiley4.gif

At times I am a bit surprised but very pleased we have had very few issues and the forum will be three years old this July! This is due to the standard George set in the beginning and all of the great members who have followed his lead.

Thanks to all!!
smiley32.gif

I left a motorcycle website because the political and religious bickering became intollerable. I have my own website now and invited folks who i knew would not get rediculous. Its main purpose is social contact. we discuss and often tease a bit just like on this site. I made it known that the site is a dictatorship. All the folks that go there have fun and we even sometimes talk about wine.
Why ruin a good thing with arguing and name calling. It wont change anyones mind :)

As moderator of this thread I've been watching it pretty carefully and I am extremely pleased (and grateful)that all I've had to do is watch.

It is a testament to the people who use this forum that things just don't seem to get out of hand. Thank you all.

Peter

Back