What are your favorate Apps

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug thanks to your thread on Tablets it made me want to start this thread instead of hijaking yours. Just wondering what apps everyone uses or likes. These are mine;

Converter and Percent calculator; I use these two aps all day long, everyday at the winery

other good ones include;
Docket in your pocket...you can do free background checks on anyone in PA
Flybys...lets you know what time and which satellite is flying over your house and how visible it'll be
Google Sky map...to identify planets and constellations you're looking at
Regal Tank Volume...give the measurements of your tank and it'll tell you how many gallons it is and how many gallons are in it
Sound Grenade...a horrible sound that can only be heard by young people. It's great for when I get bad service at fast food.
Translate...Translates any language, great for busting Wades ba!!s
Weather Bug...weather

Radar Now provides local and regional animated weather radar. Great for highway travel and home.

Waze for GPS directions. It uses real time information from all of its millions of users to route you the fastest way and warn about speed traps and accidents.

I have the alcohol calculator and the cellar app my iPhone and iPad. I like the cellar app because my wine is spread out in four different areas so it helps me keep track of how much I have left of each kind, plus when we go to wine festivals I can keep track of what I like and what it looks like. And of course the wine forum app. Other than those I think the fishing report is next in line. Plus right now the Grand Kids have countdown to Christmas going.

Agriplot - uses GPS to let you map areas and place pins on points of interest. I used it to measure and plan my vineyard.

Cor.kz - let's you scan a barcode and look up wines in the Cellartracker database. If you use cellar tracker it interfaces to let you manage your inventory and tasting notes.

Oenotools - winemaking tools for calculations, SO2 levels,

Corkbin - take a picture of the label to record wines you drink. It will analyze the label and find information on the wine. You can also see what your corkbin friends are drinking and interface with Facebook.

Cellar Rat - Useful chart for vintage quality by geographical area.

Hello Vino - helps you choose a wine for pairing with foods.

By the way, I do most of my calculations and conversions with google. Just type something like "$10 in yuan" and it will do the currency conversion. Or type "10g in oz" and it will convert. I like the Google app as you can use the voice activation and just speak it (like Siri but with google).

I like Dropbox and Skype apps. I use Notability for typewritten and hand written note taking. I use Textilus and sync it with dropbox to keep my winemaking notes when I'm in the cellar. There is a Pinterest app if you like pinterest. Netflix of course. I've been considering buying a Nest internet enabled thermostat and using the Nest app. The theromstat is a little pricy though but an interesting concept for smart thermostats.

Oh, so many apps, so little time.

Gas Buddy and iHandy Level

Flashlight comes in handy, also use the level!

OMG I can't believe I forgot Gas Buddy, it's great!

Scott, I Just used this app today to check the level in a barrel. It is also awesome.

Waze for GPS directions. It uses real time information from all of its millions of users to route you the fastest way and warn about speed traps and accidents.

Downloading right now. Thanks

Magic Jack- Allows you to make and receive free phone calls from everywhere.
Textnow - Allows you to text and receive texts for free anywhere.
I don't have a cellphone, but I can call and text from my Ipad without the bill by using these 2 apps:p

Great apps, keep them coming.
I am looking for one that will convert weight to volume. People will come in with odd ball containers and want three gallons of juice. If I knew the exact wieght for the volume they want to buy it would be so much easier (taking off the tare weight).

Two:

Wine+ to keep track of what is in my cellar, where I bought it, the varietal, cost, drink by date and a host of other information.

Winemakers Toolbox which performs MANY task including (Potential Alcohol, Fortification, Blending, Chapitalization, Brix-SG Conversion, TA Calulator, SO2, Hydrometer Correction, and a few others.)

Latest posts

Back