What’s in YOUR Carboy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha, well.............

The cabbage wine is too weird to be proud of.
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif

Update:

6 gal Sauvignon Blank Bolero (Spagnols) California style 23lt anseptic kit

6 gallons welches with 1 qt. pear juice, finned waiting to go into carboy

6 gallons welches in primary

Well, the Sauvignon Blank is just sitting waiting for the 22nd to get fined andracked, one welches needs to get racked that day to free up the 23lt carboy it has been fined already, it will be going into a 5gal and 1 gal carboy and jug, the other welches goes into the secondary a few days before.

I recently racked my pumpkin wine. It's getting very clear on it's own!

I am so excited, but it tastes a bit drab right now. Glenvall, do you know what I could do to spice it up a little?

Thanks

It might be a good candidate for blending with something more sharpif it is a little flat or blah.

Stinkie, what is significant about the 22nd for racking? Are you keeping to a schedule per kit instructions, or do have you devised your own racking schedule?

When you make that carrot wine, make it a little on the acidic side (zingy) and then do blending tests with the pumpkin.

It does sound good to me also. I mean, they are both orange anyway......

smiley36.gif

I have

5 gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon

5 gallons of Syrah

5 gallons of Chardonnay

6 Gallons WineExpert Luna Rossa

8 Empty Carboys waiting for the next harvest.
smiley19.gif

Vinmaker

Vin,

Try a country wine in one of your carboys. Elderberry makes a beautiful, tasty red.

Hi Martina,

I need to master fresh grapes before I venture off of the vine.
smiley4.gif

I am not as adventurous as you.

Actually, making country wines is much easier than everyone thinks. The only thing differently is is that you have to know how to use a measuring spoon and buy the supplies.

Who knows? Maybe George can whip up a "country wine" package, where all you have to do is add your own fruit...
smiley2.gif

smiley36.gif

Excellent idea, Martina!

Got it George?

It should include straining bags, nutrient, energizer, tannin powder, pectic enzyme drops, etc., maybe even a larger primary fermentor.

I wish I could have bought one when I started!

Also, don't forget measured K-meta. You know, like the kit wines have in their own little packages. Just cut open the baggie, and dump it in.

Hey! That's an idea. Maybe little packs with sulphite and sorbate for stabilizing batches of 6, 5, 3, and 1 gallons. Might just help alot. Maybe make it in liquid form already dissolved, much like wine conditioner. Edited by: Country Wine

Back