Wet Label Solution

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I received my shrink bags to try out on bottles to keep the labels dry and in place while being placed in a moist area or ice bucket. They fit good, shrunk nice with a heat gun and you can still see the label. This is a perfect solution for taking wines to a party of for just putting them on ice at home. This solves the problem of labels that come off easily or ink running on labels from ink jet printers.

shrinkbags.jpg

Those plastic bags they deliver newspapers in work pretty well too... not shrink-wrapped but I'm a fan of "free" ...

runningwolf said:
Today I received  my shrink bags to try out on bottles to keep the labels dry and in place while being placed in a moist area or ice bucket. They fit good, shrunk nice with a heat gun and you can still see the label. This is a perfect solution for taking wines to a party of for just putting them on ice at home. This solves the problem of labels that come off easily or ink running on labels from ink jet printers.

shrinkbags.jpg

Forget the shrink wrap. Lets see the label on the first bottle!

Scold, first off welcome to our forum. Are you making wine? What kinds? Pull up a chair and tell us about yourself and feel free to ask questions. Now about the label, you were not the first to take notice...

DSCN2126.jpg

runningwolf said:
Scold, first off welcome to our forum. Are you making wine? What kinds? Pull up a chair and tell us about yourself and feel free to ask questions. Now about the label, you were not the first to take notice...

DSCN2126.jpg

Been lurking here for almost 2 years. Registered in Jan. just noticed I've never posted here before. Started out making fruit wines, have done some kits. This summer I have been using whatever I can find for free or next to it. As with a lot of others it has become an obsession or as much of an obsession you can have with 6 kids running around using up most of the time. Although they do like to help out a lot.Been a little more active on another forum you frequent but mostly with smart a&& remarks which always seem to be a little funnier with a glass or 2 of wine. Kind of like my previous post
smiley5.gif

About labels- sure would like the time to make some. I finally started to put on shrink caps so I could ID them. I had my daughter draw some labels for a peach wine I gave away at Christmas. Wish I would have scanned it into the computer it was pretty good.
Scold

Back