Well, I planted them, now what?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebronze

Reaction score
I realized after I carefully prepared the soil and planted the vines and placed the blue vine x shelters on, I don't remember what comes next? Do I water them once a week by pouring water down the tubes? should I apply a Protective dose of fungicide? I feel like I should be doing something other than waiting.

Water and wait. first year watch them. Spray for beatles when they come, use Sevin, works well and easy to get. I spent the first two years mowing all the time.
What did you plant? (oh look at the sig.) How many plants do you have? do you have them on stakes? Are your posts and wires run? do you have pruning and harvesting equipment in place for when the time comes? Have you thought about how much juice you may get from your plants and what you are going to make and where you are going to make it? Do you have all your fermentation equipment in place for the next three or four years down the road...... I could keep going...LOL

Rather than having dozens of questions scattered about put your questions, pictures and comments in one thread so that people don't need to do research to get answers to questions they have for you.

Plant them, water some, but don't overwater especially before they begin to grow, and wait. Once they are growing, monitor them for insect pests and disease. Take action for all pests and disease that warrant it. If you see one bug, don't freak out over it and blast pesticides. Squash the little bugger and save the beneficial insects from dying. If you get disease, spray for it.

Latest posts

Back