Weight Watchers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I normally wouldn't post in a thread like this, but I think it's important to not see weight watchers as a diet. Diets don't work. Sure, you may see results in the short term, but when you stop with the diet, you will revert to the same unhealthy habits that got you there to begin with. Rather, use WW to help you develop a plan that you can live with for good. Include alcohol. Include sweets. Moderation is key. I've lost/maintained 140 pounds now for 5 years, and still trimming a bit more. Definitely I found it to be all about learning what portion sizes actually are so you can judge what you're actually eating, the quality of what you're eating, and how to account for your calories without having to write it all out on a daily basis.

Not that exercise isn't important also! I grew from thinking runners might be the stupidest people on earth to having run 6 half marathons now. Find something that you can enjoy and play your heart out!

Chris, you're right! It's a lifestyle, not a diet.

10 years ago I was over 300 pounds and could not walk around the block. In 2005 I was watching the inaugural Fargo Marathon runners shaking my head thinking how crazy one must be to run like that. Well, the next year I was 80 pounds lighter completing my first half marathon. And last winter I was training for my 10th full marathon. I didn't make it as I slipped on the ice last winter and broke a couple of ribs. It put an immediate halt to my running and my gym workouts. I was in pain for over 3 months. That was last January. One year later and 30 pounds heavier (I kept eating like I was running) I am trying to get my motivation back to run again. I have started with paying attention to my calorie balance and have already lost over 10 pounds.

Eat for health and move your body. That is my mantra.

Which raises another good point: you will not lose every week. You'll have bad weeks, and likely bad months from time to time. Life happens. Reassess whether there is anything that you can do about it and try to make healthier diet choices if you can't exercise for some reason. Greg, congrats on that! 10 marathons. Jeez. I trained for my first last year... NYC... which Hurricane Sandy made sure that I didn't run. :) So I deferred to this year, and we'll hope there isn't another freak hurricane to sideline me!

Latest posts

Back