Weeding the vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
Started weeding the vineyard last night. Def feeling it in my legs today. Did one 80ft. row last night after work. got 2 more to go but calling for rain again on wed. The vines are really growing and look nice and healthy. Not sure if its the blue x vine shelters (most of my vines are already out of the top of the 30" high tubes!) or all of the rain we've been having this spring. The weeds are def kicking my butt! plus all the rocks that i pulled out when i was planting is scattered between the rows so now i have to wade thru high grass to pick them out, wasn't really figuring on such a lush spring!:rn

This thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!! :)
Ywea I agree!
I really want to see a pix of the weeds kicking his BUTT!
I did not know weeds have FEET to kick __SS

Sly22guy have you found a particular weed type you love to hate yet? Mine would be bindweed. And if the rain keeps coming as regular as it has been(along with the heat) purslane will be next on my list.

I would have to say i hate all weeds equally! But i def hate these tree things that spring up in no time at all. they are very flimsy and usually snap off when you try to pull them out, but the roots go to china! They have a palm look to the leaves ill snap some pics when im out finishing the Weed butt kicking!:slp

Back