Waves from California (Read that as you will)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azeraeis

Wine Regulated & Coffee Enhanced
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm just beginning the journey with my first batch of plum wine. I'm enjoying the sights, scents and sounds of it so far. Looking forward to picking your brains and getting to know you.

~ Eric

Hello Everyone,

I'm just beginning the journey with my first batch of plum wine. I'm enjoying the sights, scents and sounds of it so far. Looking forward to picking your brains and getting to know you.

~ Eric
Hello! I am new as well and also starting a batch of plum wine tomorrow! What type of wine are you shooting for? I picked 100lbs of wild plums today.

I am from Novato, CA. Planted a small 50 vine vineyard in my backyard last month and decided to get into wine making about 2 months ago, but am already getting deep into it.

Hi Moto,

I'm pretty much shooting for drinkable and haven't gotten any more precise than that. There is a plum tree in our back yard that was here when we moved in. I'm guessing since they are yellow and very much clingstone, that they are possibly Shiro plums. We had about 50 lbs of plums come in off of it this year and had no idea what to do with them...so here we are. That said, I'm excited about trying small batched of other fruits as time and fermenter space allows.

Well Met.

Hi Moto,

I'm pretty much shooting for drinkable and haven't gotten any more precise than that. There is a plum tree in our back yard that was here when we moved in. I'm guessing since they are yellow and very much clingstone, that they are possibly Shiro plums. We had about 50 lbs of plums come in off of it this year and had no idea what to do with them...so here we are. That said, I'm excited about trying small batched of other fruits as time and fermenter space allows.

Well Met.
Very cool! We had a plum tree down the street that we took a ladder to. I think it was also Shiro plums! Maybe we can trade a bottle once we're finished. I am also making a kit pinot noir and a strawberry wine at the moment.

Back