Waldo's Spiced Mead

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I racked the spicedmead again this morning. It is clearing nicley and should be ready for bottling before long. I do believe I am going to do me a 5 galllon batch of this.
20070221_034250_spiced_mead.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

No Waldo it looks that good! I like a wine with color. Just seeing the color tells me that theres a lot of money spent on honey! Nothing wrong with your table either. I was just saying that cause it is similar in color buddy.

Edited by: wade

Hey Waldo, it lools like an amazing sack mead to me. Great full honey content and higher SG. Yum!!

I tell ya what, Waldo, this looks like something I definitely have to try. It looks great! Do grocery stores carry candied ginger? I don't remember ever seeing it before.

I knew ya was just a kidding wade
Yes, I got mine at Kroger Randy

Waldo you almost made me PM ya with an "I'm sorry buddy". No wine can look bad but they can taste bad!

sally3 said:
Hey Waldo, it lools like an amazing sack mead to me. Great full honey content and higher SG. Yum!!
Thanks Sally.It is very yummy..even if it doeas look like furniture stain
smiley36.gif

brush1.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Wade, you being a woodworker should recgnize "Honey Locust" when you see it.
smiley36.gif

Actually, I was thinking it had a wonderful deep rich color to it, very much like the honey it is made out of. I casts such a wonderful glow on the beautiful table. I would be proud to have either-or both of them Waldo.

Bottled my spiced mead last night. It was quite "yummy"
spicedmeadbottled.jpg

This batch is going to a good friend of mine at work.
The label is his family Coat of Arms and he requested that all I put on it was the type of mead.
spicedmeadlabel.jpg

spicedmeadbottled2.jpg

Decided to go ahead and really dress them up for him so I added shrinks to the bottles.
spicedmeadbottled3.jpg

Waldo,

Very nice job on the labels and your mead looks beautiful!!!!

I need to try your recipe!!
Ramona

As usual that wine and labels looks great... The label reminds me of smurfe's avatar with his family's Coat of Arms... Great Idea for labels...any more members using their Coat of Arms on their labels????

Looks great waldo. How's the ginger flavor? Did it come through using the candied ginger? Did you use any clearing agents?

Thanks all

I am thinking of maybe using our family crest on maybe a Port label.

Sang the Ginger flavor ended up excellent in my opinion. It was detectable but not overwhelming.

I finally bottled my sack mead that I put together February 14,
2006. It is amazing! Everyone that has tried it wants
more. I can't wait to start another...but it takes soooo long to
be drinkable. I tried to stick as closely as possible to a 600
year old Celtic receipe. I added 2 lemon halfs and tea but that
was about it. It is a real treat!

Latest posts

Back