Waldo's 2006 Blackberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I could not find whereI ever started a thread on my Blackberry other than theBlackberry Port soI will operate on the premise that it is "Better late Than Never"
smiley36.gif

Will be getting everything ready for bottling it and probably my Blueberry/Melomel tomorrow. Here is my label I have designed for the Blackberry and am printing them out now as i type this post. Will get some pictures of the bottling tomorrow and post them. I did this batch as an off dry with an ABV of 11.8%. It has an intense Blackberry aroma, pretty good body and for being so young a nice finish.
20061021_071335_blackberry.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

When did you start your melomel. Did you sweeten it back. Are you
bottling it to drink or let it age in the bottle now as it will age
faster this way.

Like the label...very pretty....
But all your labels are exceptional, am sure they have to meet the quality of the wine...
smiley17.gif

SUPERB! Looking forward to more pictures Waldo. If you end up with more wine than what you expected send some my way, or send some my way anyway!
smiley36.gif

Thanks All !!!

I started the Melomel back in early July. It was sweetened two weeks ago tomorrow and will still need some age in the bottle to be at its best. I need some freed up carboy though so the Blackberry and Melomel have been bulk aging the longest. Edited by: Waldo

What did you use to sweeten it back up and did it improve it alot. I
might use blueberry extract or simmer down some juice to concentrate it.

I made a sugar syrup wade to sweeten with. Hoping it will bring out more of the blueberry flavors as it ages

I was a racking and a bottling fool all day yesterday. I began around 2:15am by moving all my wines to be racked to the dining room table. From left to right is Muscadine, Blackberry, Plum, Blueberry Melomel, Campbells Early Grape and Apple/Rasberry.
winesofwaldo.jpg

Took a break around 11:30 to have a bowl of Kat's fantastic homeade tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich
DSCN0002-3.jpg

which went down really well with a couple of glasses of the Blackberry that I was bottling.
blackberry2006.jpg

I decided to let the Melomel bulk age a while longer before bottling it as it needed abit more sweetning to be where I wanted it.

I'm continualy amazed at the quality of your labels Waldo. Amazing work!

Your wine making skills are top notch also. You amaze me - but I have one question.

Where do you eat? I see great food all the time
smiley20.gif
, but your dining table is always covered with wine
smiley24.gif
. At least you shouldn't go thirsty
smiley36.gif

Hey Waldo, I have not seen your Plum before. Have you tasted it yet(of
coarse you have), how is it as I was going to do a plum but got side
tracked in the store and did the pear instead. If tasting good and you
would recommend it could you post your recipe as I want to try this one
soon. Nice display there buddy.

appleman said:
I'm continualy amazed at the quality of your labels Waldo. Amazing work!

Your wine making skills are top notch also. You amaze me - but I have one question.

Where do you eat? I see great food all the time
smiley20.gif
, but your dining table is always covered with wine
smiley24.gif
. At least you shouldn't go thirsty
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
Ours is a very large antique dining table appleman and when the one end is occoupied with my wines ready for racking or bottling we merely go to the other end of th table to eat

wadewade said:
Hey Waldo, I have not seen your Plum before. Have you tasted it yet(of coarse you have), how is it as I was going to do a plum but got side tracked in the store and did the pear instead. If tasting good and you would recommend it could you post your recipe as I want to try this one soon. Nice display there buddy.

Here is the link to where I started it wade.
http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1783
.As of racking sunday it was still very tart and seemed a bit thin too but hopefully all of this will change/improve with time.

Ok now I remember this one. Thanks . What would you recommend, maybe more fruit. I think I'm going to use the dark plums though.

I think just more age is all this one will need wade. From everything I have read, plum takes a while to come into its own

Latest posts

Back