W Va to Maine!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepere

Reaction score
Well, I retired Nov. 20th. How did I ever find the time to work!!
smiley32.gif

We spent thanksgiving in Wva with family. Pop got to see his great grand daughter and had a ball trying to keep up with a five year old. Heck I have trouble keeping up with her, in fact my daughter has her hands full keeping up with her!!!!

We left for Maine the following Sunday and found a place on a lake up there to spend a least part of the summer. I suppose I should have gotten permission from "Stinkie" to invade the great Pine Tree State but, it is going home for me as I was born there.
smiley9.gif

Wanted to post a pic but, having trouble getting the new system figured out. It keeps telling me I don't have permission to access this page..........
smiley5.gif
I'm sure it's pilot error. Pressing the "OK" button seems to work.
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif

This morning we will bottle the Pinot Grigio. Of course I've sampled it and it is quite nice indeed. I've missed not being so active on the forum but alas, Heeeee's back! Hope you all had a great turkey day and will enjoy the Holiday's ahead.

20061204_065758_cottage3a.jpg
Edited by: Pepere

Well welcome back to Maine. There appears to be four people on this forum from Maine. Where in Maine are you going? Have some Pinot Grigio myself to bottle at a later date.

That looks like a great place to spend some time! Congrats on the retirement. : )

Flyboy:

Just finished the bottle chores. Pinot Grigio has been bulk aging almost three months. Tastes darn good if you ask me and I'm not usually a white wine drinker. In any event 30 bottles and a smidge left for tasting.

The "camp" as they call them up there, is just north of Skowhegan. It's not on Sabasticook Lake but very close by. I on the other hand, was born down around Biddeford / Saco area. 20 years in Uncle Sam's canoe club left me in Maryland. Later I ran my own business for awhile here and just retired as head of a fraternal org Nov.20. Looks like wine making and fly fishing along with a little travel just might be the thing from here on out!

Weather up your way last week was wet and dreary but warm for the season. I suspect it won't be that way for very long!!
smiley2.gif

Pepere

Wine making and fly fishing along with a little travel just might be the thing from here on out sounds like a great occupation to me.

Weather is turning colder, but we have had a warm fall.

Congratulation on the retirement pepere.may it be a long and enjoyable one for you

Congadulations on the retirement. I love the "Camp" Setting, I wish I could find something like that around here. Everything here they call "Camps" are $300K and up homes, bigger and better than the one I live in. I want something Rustic. We have a place on Cape Cod that I wish was in a less touristy area :

20061204_174706_The_Cape.jpg

And I wish it was closer, for those last minute weekend get-a-ways.

Enjoy your time, you deserve it for all your hard work you have done all your life.

Congrats on the retirement Pepere. I guess from now on youll have
plenty of time to make wine. In a few months when someone asks what we
are all making, your going to need your own page!
smiley36.gif

Congrats on the retirement... Hopefully your wine intake and production will greatly increase...

Thanks all! I've still a few travel commitments to make but, it's slowing down quickly now and I suspect there's some serious fishing in the not too distant future.
smiley2.gif

Yes, wine making is going to increase, consumption?
smiley15.gif

jobe05, Camps are expensive. It took us a long time to find the one pictured above. We had to stay out of the Camden area near the coast as we don't have 1.3 million to spend on a lake house. Hell, I don't have the .3 !!!! So we moved inland and met with more reasonable numbers.

Oh yes, the lilac wine I started last spring is taking shape and I just started the Chard. The Pinot Grigio got bottled yesterday quite nice if I say so myself and if PWP and mywifehave theirwish I'll be starting another batch of Green Apple Riesling.........................soon!

Wildberry Shiraz is almost gone now and the Chianti is aging well. I've alloted one bottle a month of the Chiantiso we can track how it is aging. I've only opened two bottles of the Vieux Chateau and I'm thinking the next batch might do well with a little extra oak. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back