Visitors of the Best Kind

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
20080819_182416_100_4806_Small.jpg

20080819_182637_100_4799_Small.jpg

I have 3 feeders out and have had one hummingbird mosey in for some nectar. Then a second, third and 4th now. One year I hadd 30-40 buzzing around. I will try to get close ups as the get used to me. They are the sweetest birds. But not to each other. Very Territorial!! Ramona

They are so cool. Ive had 1 buzz in on me while I was sitting on the deck the other day and hover right in front of my face, then it did it to my wife yesterday. so awesome.

We have quite a few...I think some are different spices....some are Ruby Throated and some are not...Maybe the plain ones are females and juveniles.

The Orioles have been back for awhile now too...as well, the black wasps are eating at the feeders.

We are suppose to quit feeding them the 10th of Sept. so they will leave....they do stick around after the feeders are empty and eat out of the flowers.....I think the day length tells them when to move on....

Ramona....They will be heading to your feeder at that time, keep em full.

Edited by: Northern Winos

I just can't figure out where all of our birds have gone to.

IMG_1915.jpg

Waldo,

You needto send that in to Birds and Blooms. LOL...That is one big Kitty.

Ramona

Ramona, aren't hummers wonderful? They definitely do NOT like to share their feeders!!! I have had a couple new breeds come thru here this past Spring.

Nice clear pics, thanks for sharing!!
smiley4.gif

We have one we have named Napolean. He sits on the hook holding"his" feeder and "protects" it from the other hummers. Fortunately, we have 2 other feeders out. We also have a fawn named Jami who eats the grass behind the house.

I only have a film camera, so until I take the film to Wally World and get one set of prints and a CD I have nothing to post. I'm holding out for a Canon 5D, but the budget is not right yet.

I have a 40D and love it tho I lusted in my heart for the 5D! Talk about wonderful cameras! I just love mine! Talk about bells and whistles! I can barely remember what I can do with all of mine. I think the 5D has twice as many!

I periodically have to go back and reread the book on my A2. It's loaded with bells and whistles, too.

Latest posts

Back