WineXpert Vintner's Reserve Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtwinemaker

Reaction score
I am planning to start a batch of Wine Expert Vinter's Reserve Merlot within next month. Is it possible to add more body to the wine with the addition of Alexander's Merlot Concentrate? Or would it be better to ferment the Alexander's concentrate separately and use it to top up the wine and blend and blend the balance. The can of concentrate should make about one gallon. Has anyone had experience in using Alexander's concentrates? I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

BK

IMHO, I think you are better off spending the $25 to buy a better kit, than to improve an entry level kit. Especially a Merlot type kit.

I agree with rich. If you have already purchased the kit, then read Joeswine threads on when good wines go bad. Tweak the kits like he does.

If it is going to be drank soon, consider adding gum arabic. some here don't like that. I really have not used it myself but I hear it helps young wines

Latest posts

Back