Vinters Harvest peach and red raspberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
For dinner we opened a red raspberry peach vanilla bottle of wine. 1 gallon of each mixed them 50/50. I had originally did 3 gallons of each variety of the Vinters Harvest.

I flavored with pure extracts (peach and red raspberry) plus my homemade vanilla. Slightly back sweetened. They are 13 months old and bottled back in September 2012.

First time we ever saw legs in a glass of wine, very smooth with lots of body. We were very pleased!

Vintners Harvest has good products. I've used their peach and their elderberry (which I recommend strongly). Red raspberry peach vanilla is a mouth full, and very bold indeed. I'm yet to branch out into mixing my wines. What gave you the impetus to create such an interesting blend?

dangerdave I was extremely disappointed in the VH in general so I decided to experiment. And I did the 3 gallons as opposed to the 5 gallon per the can. No determinable flavor in either other than alcohol. Mixing the peach and red raspberry did nothing. So I bought pure extracts and bingo. Add some sugar to a bit of wine I simmered.

I make my own vanilla extra with Bacardi light rum and vanilla bean ( I have done this for many years for baking) and decided to add some. Bingo!

Like I said, I have only used their peach and elderberry. And you are right, the peach needed extract for flavor. The VH elderberry, however, was the strongest flavored wine I have ever made. I've heard from a few people that the VH black current turns out great! I'm sure they get their fruit from various suppliers, and some of it might be a little watered down. Sounds like a crap shoot.

We did not care for the Black Current even with extract and inverted sugar. Just a personal taste I think. I gave it all away or traded it off for something else.

I ended up with a weak VH 5 gallon peach as well. I added about 5 oz. of glycerin and now it has a kinda of "chemical" off flavor. Oh well, they all can't be great!

I ended up with a weak VH 5 gallon peach as well. I added about 5 oz. of glycerin and now it has a kinda of "chemical" off flavor. Oh well, they all can't be great!

But that peach can be put to good use: layered in a summer fruit sangria, combine with champagne or prosecco, make fruit wine slushes by using 750ml wine, 750ml water, instant dry lemonade mix like CountryTime in amount for 2 quarts, instant dry tea mix in amount for 1 quart. Can use sugar or sugar free instant mixes, they can even be fruit flavored. Combine all in gallon ziploc bag or other container, freeze overnight at a minimum, and remive from freezer 15-20 minutes prior to serving. Fill glass and serve with straw and spoon, or you can top wine slush glass with citrus soda/sparkling water. The mix can thaw and refreeze with no issues and works well with semisweet to dessert wines.

Bake into sugar cookies or make peach wine cake. Cover peaches in wine and seal them, as in canning process.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back