"Vintage Direct / Juice It UP" who are these guys??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vpilieci

Junior
Reaction score
Does anyone know who these guys are? I've been buying juice from a "reputable" place for years. They've been selling it under the Vintage Direct label. I've been following Vintage Direct on Facebook and saw that they recently changed their name to WineGrapesDirect.com. So, I was surprised when I got my juice this year and found that it was in a Vintage Direct pail. I contacted the company on Facebook and they said, that's not their juice and they don't know where it's come from. So, I'm a bit concerned as I can't find these guys anywhere else. Who are they? Where does their juice come from and more than that ... what are they putting in it? The reason that I started this hunt is because I wanted to add A pack of Wyeast Bordeaux yeast to my red this year. But, the juice apparently comes with its own yeast already in the bucket. I wanted to find out what that yeast was then try to figure out how the two would interact...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm confused, if you bought the bucket from WineGrapesDirect.com who use to be Vintage Direct, then why do they not know anything about this juice bucket? Normally they add Lavlin 1118 to juice buckets.

No... I bought it from a local company (supplier). It came in a Vintage Direct bucket (apparently they also go as Juice It Up!). No one knows who these guys are.

The Real Vintage Direct, now WineGrapesDirect.com, doesn't know who they are either. I'm concerned that I've been buying food colouring in water all these years.... it would explain why I have to work so hard to get decent wine.

Well, I'm sure it is find, if you have been buying from this company and never had any problems in the past. It is probably Lavlin 1118 yeast that was added. Did you try calling the local company that you bought the juice from?

Yeah, they say "Vintage Direct" and "Juice it UP" then get mad that I'd suggest they aren't selling a "quality" product. ... sigh ....

No... I bought it from a local company (supplier). It came in a Vintage Direct bucket (apparently they also go as Juice It Up!). No one knows who these guys are.

The Real Vintage Direct, now WineGrapesDirect.com, doesn't know who they are either. I'm concerned that I've been buying food colouring in water all these years.... it would explain why I have to work so hard to get decent wine.
WineGrapesDirect.com redirects to VintageReserve.com. Based on a comment on their "About" web page, they started in business as Vintage Reserve. Based on their Facebook page, they opened up in 2012. They also appear to distribute frozen grapes not juice.

So I am wondering if you have mixed up two product names.

Steve

No sir, I have not! That's the company I have been following for the past few years. I have contacted them directly and they said the stuff I have is not theirs and they don't know who's it is. They said they changed their name because people were confusing it with "Vintners Reserve". There is no actual company out there called "Vintage Reserve" as far as I know now.

Latest posts

Back