Other Vino Superiore Grape juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwand

Reaction score
Hello. Has anyone made wine from Vino Superiore Frozen must. It contains juice and crushed grapes. It needs to be pressed after MLF. It is pricey so it gave me pause. My local home brew shop is pushing it as a step above kits.

What are the prices? You could also try S&S wine grapes in B'more, or Harford Vineyard a bit further north. Both have fresh grapes and juice buckets.

Happy Labor Day Boatboy, $155 for 3 gallons of finished product. I placed an order with Harford Winery for 6 gallons of Montepulciano juice and a lug of grapes but Roxanne could not promise me the grapes would arrive at the same time as the juice. I cancelled the grape order. That's why I was asking about the Vino Superiore product. I wanted to be certain of obtaining good extraction and structure in my next venture. Vino Superiore is juice and grapes combined in a thick must (no grape skin bag). A cap develops and you crush after primary. In any case I will add tannins, if needed, to the juice I bought from Harford Winery and hope for the best. G

That price seems pretty steep. I'm in a similar dilemma with Harford, since they aren't getting Italian grapes this year. I was thinking about doing a "New World Brunello" using Italian juice and a lug of the Amador County, CA Brunello grapes (they are expected in Oct). Or I may just get a Valpolicella bucket and make it "Ripasso Style" by putting raisins in secondary. Sorry I can't be more help on the frozen must, but it does seem pricey.

I hope your grapes and juice arrive simultaneously. The Ripasso style wine sounds interesting. I have only worked with kits so far so when you say "secondary" do mean during MLF? If so, how long does the secondary usually last and do you keep raisins in must the whole time? Thanks. I that note I am going to open a bottle of 2007 Masi Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Costasera tonight that according to the Wine Advocate is ready to drink.

Yeah, the timing would be "not firm", so I'm hesitant to try it. And I just ordered an Eclipse Barolo kit to take advantage of Brew and Wine Supply's Labor Day discount. So I'm leaning more toward the Valpolicella.

By "secondary", I mean the second phase of aerobic fermentation. At an SG of 1.020 or less, I'll move the wine from the bucket to a carboy and let it go dry from there. Adding raisins at this time would mimic the way they make a Ripasso style Valpolicella in Italy.

Hello. Has anyone made wine from Vino Superiore Frozen must. It contains juice and crushed grapes. It needs to be pressed after MLF. It is pricey so it gave me pause. My local home brew shop is pushing it as a step above kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back