vineyard jobs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelesler

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im a student and as this is my final year, I've been looking into travelling abroad next summer after my graduation in July. Ive always been interested in helping with a wine harvest or doing some seasonal work on a vineyard. I know its early days for this, but was wondering if anybody had any info or experience regarding how to go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

If I were still what I assume to be Michael's age, and right out of school, I would head straight for the first nice, big vineyard in California. I would do everything I could to learn the process from grunt to however high I could go. Then I would move into the winery and if necessary, start all over again. All the paper work would be worth it.

Of course California is not the only place in the world that has nice vineyards. There are lots of places closer to you. From where you are, Italy would be my choice.

Michael, as hard as it might seem, though circumstances can make things hard for you, in the end, the only thing that can stop you is YOU. If you want to poke around the vineyard and winery for awhile just for fun, that's OK. If you fall in love with the whole idea of growing and processing grapes, that will work, too; I think it would be a rewarding career.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, been a great help. I'm not really looking a for a career in winemaking per se, I have just read about students helping pick grapes for the harvest during the season. I know its pretty low paid work, but its a great way to see some parts of the world. Have you ever heard of this happening in the states?

Thanks,

michael

Latest posts

Back