Vineco vineco suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
i've been looking through the vineco catalog...
and i've had a brainstorm (watch out!)
our son's school has a large fundraiser every 2 years. last year we (our farm business) donated "wine a month" club type donation. then these are bid on. don't know how much it raised for the school, but it has been fun.
what i'd like to do for next year is make a wine kit exclusively for this fundraiser. make it/call it "your very own wine" type of set up. they bid on it and then i'll put their name on the label, etc. would be perfect for them to serve for the holidays. i thought about putting it out there for me to make it for them, like some vineyards are doing, "custom" winemaking, but then i thought, no fun, can't drink it for months:(
so better to make it now and let it age until next year! and then just slap their name/logo/picture on it and they enjoy immediately!
so i need suggestions on a really, really good kit; something anyone could enjoy (not too sweet, not too dry, not too oaky), don't want to go too far in any one direction. you know what i'm saying?

Don't want to bring you down here, but you should check on regulations.
LCB may have an issue with this. I don't know one way or tother though.
Good luck. Hope it works out.

btw, i should add, i'm not adverse to other brands, this is just the catalog i have...i'm open to any and all suggestions, thanks!

lcb?
not ringing a bell for me?
we auctioned off the "wine a month" last year and a commercial winery had a large package the was auctioned off? i'll check with their fundraiser expert, also. this is like 1million dollar fundraiser for them, very fancy, so i'm sure they'll check for me before i begin...thanks.

Really, really good kits will probably take longer than a year to be really, really good, especially the reds.
I would suggest doing a blend rather than a varietal - they appear to mature faster and may be more palatable to whoever buys them, if they are not big wine drinkers. White wines are drinkable sooner, so if you are making a white you will have more choices.
One I might suggest in a white is the Luna Bianca, a Selection kit by WineExpert. It is a blend of grapes and is full of flavour and is off dry. For a red, I would suggest a blend such as Vieux Chateau de Roi - this is a red that ages more quickly than most, and again, WineExpert has a kit in the Selection series.
I am not really familiar with the Vineco kits but they may have similar blends. I do a lot of Spagnols kits but I don't think they have any equivalent blends in the bigger kits.
If you want to go varietal there are so many choices, but a year is not long for the bigger kits. Can you narrow it down to white or red?
Have you thought of maybe a flavored port - one of the chocolate ports? These would be great for the holidays.

thanks dugger, the fundraiser person is doing some checking & probably will check with the winery who does alot of donations.
i think the de roi sounds like a possibility!
(i did some checking, lcb is acb for ky, lol, but i wouldn't have known either way, lol. all i know currently for ky is 200 gallon per person, 400 gal. for household with 2 or more adults).

I would suggest the Wine Expert selection orginal Liebfraumilch it's very smooth and appeals to a lot of people .If you made it know that would give it time to age ,altough it's good even at the early stage .

I would suggest the Wine Expert selection orginal Liebfraumilch it's very smooth and appeals to a lot of people .If you made it know that would give it time to age ,altough it's good even at the early stage .

I also agree this would be a good one. The first one that came to my mind though was an RJS Cru select:
Gewurztraminer - German

This wine delivers delicious aromas of roses, lychees and tropical fruits, as well as the infamous spicy notes characteristic of Gewurztraminer.

I feel 100 % confident in suggesting a kenridge founders series kit.

I am drinking a 7 month old Cab Shiraz right now and its fabulous.

I also have 8 month old Supertuscan which is really coming along quite nicely and i,m sure both of these wines will be exquisite at 12 months and will only get better till there all gone.

Any of the Founders series wine will also be just as good depending on the individual taste of the lucky bidder.

Digger

I feel 100 % confident in suggesting a kenridge founders series kit.

I am drinking a 7 month old Cab Shiraz right now and its fabulous.

I also have 8 month old Supertuscan which is really coming along quite nicely and i,m sure both of these wines will be exquisite at 12 months and will only get better till there all gone.

Any of the Founders series wine will also be just as good depending on the individual taste of the lucky bidder.

Digger
the supertuscan also sounds intriguing. if it gets approved, i would love to do a "big" wine, lol, but it's gotta be something that people will want:se
i noticed finevinewines have a white zin and zin on the wine of the month. would that be too "average"?

I also agree this would be a good one. The first one that came to my mind though was an RJS Cru select:
Gewurztraminer - German

This wine delivers delicious aromas of roses, lychees and tropical fruits, as well as the infamous spicy notes characteristic of Gewurztraminer.

Yes the Gewurztraminer is a nice wine also I haven't made the Cru one yet i did The Wine Expert selection Original one & it's very good .I thought of the Gewurztraminer right off also . Just my opinion but I think either of those would be a good choice because They appeal to alot of people . You'll have to let us know which you decide to go with .

They appeal to alot of people . You'll have to let us know which you decide to go with .
that's exactly what i'm lookin for
and
i promise i will let everyone know, because it will be my first "good" kit!

update
the school fundraiser has gotten back with me and they have a special liquor license for us to do a variety of special wine offerings!!
this is so exciting!
they are planning on several different things, and the local winery folks are on board, too!
one of the things we are thinking about doing is a label designed by an art student! their mascot is a viking, so now i'm asking for more selections...
what would be appropriate for a "viking" wine....
now i'm thinking about a mead? blueberry melomel??
needing some wmt feedback/opinions:)

Latest posts

Back