Victorio Strainer...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken914

Reaction score
So, I was starting a batch of mixed berry wine today... avoiding the real work I needed to do around the house.

My doorbell rang and the UPS guy dropped off my new (old) Victorio strainer.

While my 22lbs of berries steam-juiced away... I took time to unbox, wash and assemble it. I was about to take the steamed fruit carcasses (carcai?) to the compost pile when I had a thought!

I dumped the leftover steamed fruit into the new strainer and ran it through using the finest strainer. The result was about 3/4g of berry juice. It wasn't very sweet, but it had lots of flavor. It was also pretty thick and had some pulp. I found an old strainer bag, poured it in... and into the must it went.

The leftover 'residue' from the strainer was pretty dry.

I'll see what happens with the bag, but this might be a way to get just a bit more out of my fruit! :D

I love my Victorio strainer

I've been using my Victorio for about 15~20 years to process berries for jams and wouldn't give it up. Last year was the first time I used it for white wine grapes. Processed the grapes twice, once thru the medium screen which separated the skins and then ran the skins thru the fine screen which gave me even more juice and pulp. The leftover dryed skins went to my compost pile also. The wine which I bottled this past December has done well. I still want to get a grape crusher for the larger batches in the furture since I just planted 27 more vines. I wonder if there are other Victorio users out there?

We have one but it is a Garden Way Squeezo or at least that is what it is called and yes they do an excellant job of getting all the juice out of the berries

Back