Venison anyone?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Well the wife just came home with a freshly bashed in front end from hitting a Deer after shopping for the rest of the supplies for Thanksgiving dinner.
smiley18.gif
Hood, bumper, headlight assembly, radiator shroud, lower fearing, grille, and a few other things Im sure. Shes OK though but pretty well shakin up though.

Glad to hear she's OK. We have one or two bad ones around here each year where someone gets seriously hurt. Cars can be fixed. Loved ones not so much.

Glad everyone is fine Wade...........

Is that covered by insurance?

My son got hit a while back by a kid who ran a red light........

Insurance wouldn't pay.

A week later he hits a deer and kills it........

Insurance paid for everything.

The car goes into the shop for a couple of weeks, everything gets fixed like new....... he has a new set of tires put the next day........... while leaving the lot he pulls in front of a driver who was turning, but then changed his mind and totaled his car........................ He is off our insurance now!

Jobe thats horrible! I went through that when I turned 16 as I totaled my car 3 weeks after getting it and after spending some serious $ on having the motor all done up and car painted. Immediately my insurance co. dumped me and then i had to surrender my license because jusy me having my license raised my parents ins. through the roof. We do have full collision on both cars , why, I guess for timews like this even though both cars are paid in full. Her car isnt worth a whole lot but more then I would want to fork out of pocket to fix. $500 deductble though at this time of year really bites though!

It does bite this time of year, but ya have to have transportation.

Is it something that you could doctor up till after the first of the year then get fixed?

I have the money just didnt want to ever touch that account as its our special never touch account! The car had a crack in the bumper, foggy headlight, and pits in the paint on the hood from rocks kicked up so there is a good side as that will be fixed now and look brand new now.

My wife has had a couple "incidents" where the insurance had to repair the car. We also have $500 deductible. I wish you luck in getting the right repair shop. Mine asked what our deductible was- told him $500. Car was fixed, went to pick up car and pay the bill for deductible. "Here's the keys. You are all set to go" Didn't question it and drove away with my pocket still full. I gladly went back for the next repair a few years later. Same deal. Don't ask too many questions and don't tell- sort of like the military I guess.

Will give it a try but have never been that lucky with money, we always get the much shorter end of the stick.

Sorry to hear about the accident Wade, but I'm glad your wife's okay. Good luck with the car.

Like Richard said Wade, Some repair shops will work for what they can get from the insurance companies, Thats why it pays to have a $500 deductible. More than that it's hard to cover, for either party, you or the repair shop. But $500....... they bury that in all kinds of places, no one loses.

Sorry to hear about the accident wade, but glad Momma came out unscathed

Back to the original post...

Wade, that's why whenever the subject of elk hunting comes up, my wife likes to say, "Tell them how you bagged your LAST one, Honey!"
smiley2.gif

(1975 Ford
smiley36.gif
)

Sorry about the auto glad to hear your wife is ok.
these stories make me think about being a kid back in IL.a group offamilies would take trips up to Minocqua WI to go snowmobiling. One family bagged a deer 3 out of 5 years. at one of the fine watering holes out in the woods an artist was selling his skills of personalizing helmets. the other two fathers decided to have his personalized with what else "the deer hunter". 20 years later the name still holds.

rube

Car went in the shop today, not the shop the insurance wanted though as I heard them in the back calling used auto parts stores.
smiley3.gif
I called the guy p front and told him to stick it where the sun dont shine and took it to a reputable place and told my insurance co. that if they dont like it they can call the Attorney General as I will be and hung up. They called me right back and said that they didnt know this place would do such a thing and I said bull as your adjuster was right there with him. They assured me that they would honor the place of my choice because of that.

That's quite the reputable repair shop and insurance agent! Sounds like the time I injured my head and almost froze to death at an Adirondack Resort for rich people while repairing a server in the office. I told the manager there was an extremely slippery spot in the parking lot expecting it would be taken care of. Hours later I needed to use the restroom across the parking lot. I slipped, fell down and knocked myself out. When I finally came to the paramedics were standing over me. I said i slipped and fell down, the paramedic sympathized with me and said she had fallen twice getting to me. I had almost frozen to death in a pool of blood. While recovering at home suffering from memory loss, the insurance company for the resort called trying to weasel out of me suing. Being of unsound mind at the time they got me to agree I wouldn't sue them- they got me on tape and I never heard another word from them. I lost my job as a network engineer because they said I was incapable of performing my job anymore. I protested, and they wanted to get me quit and I refused so they fired me and put me on a blacklist as unemployable. I haven't trusted insurance company agents or lawyers since! The funniest part of it is that my former partner and I sold to that company and had an employment clause in the contract. We were both guarranteed employment for two years. I got the shaft and he got the company. Edited by: appleman

Elderberry, Cherry, Blackberry and Black Currant all go well with venison, especially grilled with some smoke.

Canceled full coverage on my pickup, the next week hit a huge doe, paid to fix it out of pocket, while deciding on wether to paint it hit another deer right past my drive way and it did a good number on the hood. Got those racing pins that hold the hood down and use them now as the latch is totally busted, but its easy to tell which pickup is mine in a parking lot full of pickups.

Crackedcork

Thats the only reason we still have full coverage on these 2 older vehicles. Id rather pay a little more over time then get socked big time all at once. My father hates that I do this and also pay extra into my income taxes and i know I shouldnt but we just arent that financially smart to just put that money in a bank account to earn money for us. We do take that money and typically put that in our IRA account and usually put the rest toward fixing something on the house or putting something new into the house, something that will increase the value.

Cracked Cork said:
Elderberry, Cherry, Blackberry and Black Currant all go well with venison, especially grilled with some smoke.

Canceled full coverage on my pickup, the next week hit a huge doe, paid to fix it out of pocket, while deciding on wether to paint it hit another deer right past my drive way and it did a good number on the hood. Got those racing pins that hold the hood down and use them now as the latch is totally busted, but its easy to tell which pickup is mine in a parking lot full of pickups.

Crackedcork

You would mention the grill, Cracked. Wade needs to replace his on their vehicle!

Back